Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problem with my airsoft pistol.

CAMO66

Hi, I have a Western Arms Vickers Tactical pistol and I.m having a problem with it. It doesn't want to go to slide lock anymore. It's had less than 400 bb's through it so that shouldn't be a problem. I am running it on propane but with light silicone oil. You can pull the slide back on a empty mag and it will lock but not when shooting it empty.

Thanks

Scott

Hi, I have a Western Arms Vickers Tactical pistol and I.m having a problem with it. It doesn't want to go to slide lock anymore. It's had less than 400 bb's through it so that shouldn't be a problem. I am running it on propane but with light silicone oil. You can pull the slide back on a empty mag and it will lock but not when shooting it empty.

Thanks

Scott

It could be that your mag is getting too cold when firing the last bb and the power is insufficient to move the slide back to engage the lock. Try placing your mags on a electric heating pad before filling them and see it that helps.

Warm up your Gas bottle not your mag before you refill. a cold mag and warm gas will fill the mag better.

If the mag is then cold, just stick it in your pocket and let it warm up.

I have a WE 1911 with 3 mags and one of them will not lock the slide back on the last rd. The mag spring is weak and doesn't push the follower up fast enough when shooting but will lock back when working the slide by hand.

Warm up your Gas bottle not your mag before you refill. a cold mag and warm gas will fill the mag better.

If the mag is then cold, just stick it in your pocket and let it warm up.

I have a WE 1911 with 3 mags and one of them will not lock the slide back on the last rd. The mag spring is weak and doesn't push the follower up fast enough when shooting but will lock back when working the slide by hand.

Well the mag spring maybe a problem as the mags I have are older than the gun is. I got them used but they're the Wilson 47D lookalikes and that's what I use so I wanted them for practice. I also never thought to warm the bottle so I'll give that a try.

Thanks

Scott