Glock Gen.4

JTew

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The mag release is larger but it slopes back into the grip giving no advantage for smaller hands.

I agree. I love my Vickers Tactical mag release on my Gen 3, I just want less distance from the back strap to the trigger. Don't need the new spring either.

The Gen 4 comp mag release should act just like the Vickers instead of the Gen 3 stock extended release. Make it as long as possible with beveled edges all around, but not so long that it can release a mag by a pressing the gun onto a table.

Not sure if this has already been posted but for all you Gen 4 owners, there are now 3 springs available from Glock. The first 75,000 out the door lacked a slide recess for the spring to sit in. If you look at the recoil spring cutout in the front of your slide there should be a recessed area surrounding the hole. If there isn't you need a new recoil spring assembly. The new assembly (my info is only for the 9mm) will be stamped with three digits, 0 at 9 o'clock, 2 at 3 o'clock and a 1 at 6 o'clock. This should solve the problem of the spring coming out the front end. The new assembly has a little stamped steel cup that holds the spring on.

There is also a new Trigger Housing, but that's probably not a critical swap. If you hold the frame with slide off in your right hand, gun pointed to your left and look at the housing it should be a straight line from the top of the ejector all the way to the back of the gun. The original has a small step down. Apparently there was a police agency in CA that had difficulties with the gun, sent out emails and Ttypes aobut how crappy the guns are and that they had to beat it apart with a 2x4. When Glock got it back they found that the, well let's just keep it polite, had been swapping grip panels and neglected to re-install the trigger housing pin. This worked up and locked the gun up. The new housing is idiot proof, not that I'm calling the brain trust that forgot to install one of only three pins in the gun, then complained it didn't work, idiots.