Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.45 ACP

Corey

I like a 230gr FMJ or plated over 4.4 grains of TiteGroup. It makes the slide cycle and feel like a 45 slide should. 4.4 is enough to reliably make major in my gun YMMVAPW. With plated bullets and Wolf LPP, TiteGroup is as clean burning as any of the highly touted clean-burning powders.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

"My experience" with TiteGroup is it seems to burn quite hot and tends to lead up if you shoot cast bullets.

Clays is a great 45acp and 38Spl. powder but it will pressure spike in a hurry if you go a little over max.

I don't see much love for Bullseye but it is very hard to beat.

Patrick Sweenys first 1911 book is a great read for anyone loading for a 1911. I find myself rereading monthly and constantly being reminded of something I forgot. If you look at the results of the different rounds/loads he shot through the Ransom rest the VV-N310 load consistantly out preformed others for accuracy. Highly reccomend that book for experienced reloaders as well as beginner. I got more out of his one chapter on reloading then all of the reloading books and tapes/DVDs combined...Hope it helps and hope you at least try the VV load or if $$ are a problem Bullseye is always a standard as are a lot of the loads you have recieved here...good shooting..C