Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 USPSA Area 6 Championships

Great News! Techwear has come on board as a major sponsor! They have agreed to do our staff shirts! They are also going to make competitor shirts for us.

Here is the deal: If you haven't sent in your registration, be sure to get the one here: Landscape 2010_Area6_entry_fillin.pdf.

If you have already sent in your entry and you want to get the Techwear shirt instead of the polo shirt that comes with your entry, you MUST let me know by March 1st to be able to pick the shirt up at the match. After that date and by April 1st, if you want the Techwear shirt, you can still order it but we will have to mail it to you. There is a $20 up-charge for the Techwear shirt before March 1st and after that date, the up-charge is $25 to include the mailing fee.

If you have already sent in your entry, to let me know you want the Techwear shirt - just fill out the entry form above with your name and USPSA number, check the box for the Techwear shirt and either (1) send it in with the additional $20 fee, or (2) attach it to an email to me at Email me and put a comment in that you will pay the up-charge at registration.

If you want to stick with the Polo, you don't need to do anything. If you are an RO/Staff person for the match you do not need to do anything unless you don't want a Techwear shirt.

We should have the stages posted as soon as we get them approved.

More later...

Cindy Noyes :cheers:

Match Director

P.S. I understand some of you are having trouble saving the form to your computer to attach it. If that's not you, ignore the rest of the post. If this is you, then here is how to do it: You need a pdf writer. You can get this free by going here: Free Pdf Writer. This will create a pdf writer icon in your 'Printers' file on your computer. When you finish filling in the form and go to print it, instead of printing it on your regular printer, when the print box appears, just locate the pdf writer icon in your printers file (there should be a drop-down box where you see the printer name that will allow you to select a different printer before clicking 'ok'). Once you select the pdf printer and click 'ok', it will prompt you to tell it where to save your document. Tell it where on your computer to save it and then click 'ok'. Then just attach it to your email and send it in.

Edited by GAPEACH

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S. I understand some of you are having trouble saving the form to your computer to attach it. ...

If you just want to mail in your form, you don't have to save it to anywhere. Just type in the information to the displayed form, print it, and the sheet will show the information filled in.

Great News! Techwear has come on board as a major sponsor! They have agreed to do our staff shirts! They are also going to make competitor shirts for us.

Any way we can have an idea of what the Techwear shirt will look like before we decide?

Edited by No Evil

Driving down from PA for some Southern hospitality!!!

Hope I have enough energy left to shoot the match when we get there. We are leaving on April 8, shooting the SC Sectional on the 9th, driving to Daytona on Saturday and doing the Richard Petty Driving Experience....then off to Disney for 4 days, driving to GA on the 15th and shooting the Area 6 on the 16th. Then 2 days to make the long trek home. I will be the guy with the biggest smile on my face!!!! I'm not gonna want to go back to work after this one!!!

Here is the deal: If you haven't sent in your registration, be sure to get the one here: Landscape 2010_Area6_entry_fillin.pdf.

If you have already sent in your entry and you want to get the Techwear shirt instead of the polo shirt that comes with your entry, you MUST let me know by March 1st to be able to pick the shirt up at the match. After that date and by April 1st, if you want the Techwear shirt, you can still order it but we will have to mail it to you. There is a $20 up-charge for the Techwear shirt before March 1st and after that date, the up-charge is $25 to include the mailing fee.

If you have already sent in your entry, to let me know you want the Techwear shirt - just fill out the entry form above with your name and USPSA number, check the box for the Techwear shirt and either (1) send it in with the additional $20 fee, or (2) attach it to an email to me at Email me and put a comment in that you will pay the up-charge at registration.

If you want to stick with the Polo, you don't need to do anything. If you are an RO/Staff person for the match you do not need to do anything unless you don't want a Techwear shirt.

We should have the stages posted as soon as we get them approved.

More later...

Cindy Noyes :cheers:

Match Director

P.S. I understand some of you are having trouble saving the form to your computer to attach it. If that's not you, ignore the rest of the post. If this is you, then here is how to do it: You need a pdf writer. You can get this free by going here: Free Pdf Writer. This will create a pdf writer icon in your 'Printers' file on your computer. When you finish filling in the form and go to print it, instead of printing it on your regular printer, when the print box appears, just locate the pdf writer icon in your printers file (there should be a drop-down box where you see the printer name that will allow you to select a different printer before clicking 'ok'). Once you select the pdf printer and click 'ok', it will prompt you to tell it where to save your document. Tell it where on your computer to save it and then click 'ok'. Then just attach it to your email and send it in.

Cindy,

Do you have a mock up of the Techwear match shirt yet.

Thanks,

Banks

*WARNING*

If you are running a dual monitor system, DO NOT try to type in the A6 pdf application. It will crash the ##%! out of your system. Adobe Type Manager is NOT compatabile with XP Pro and dual monitors. It took me a while to get my system back. Save yourself the heart ache, print it out and fill it in by hand!!

*WARNING*

If you are running a dual monitor system, DO NOT try to type in the A6 pdf application. It will crash the ##%! out of your system. Adobe Type Manager is NOT compatabile with XP Pro and dual monitors. It took me a while to get my system back. Save yourself the heart ache, print it out and fill it in by hand!!

As John stated, please note this ONLY applies to DUAL MONITOR setups running under XP PRO.

No worries otherwise.

Is this dual monitors running and extended desktop, that is, you can drag objects from one monitor across and over to the other screen, or were you running in cloned mode? Was the pdf opened when located on the primary screen or on the secondary screen? What was the nature of the crash?

Edited by wgnoyes

Looks like the Devil really is coming down to Georgia. Sent my application in last week. This is like one of those "can't miss" matches.

Dan you can borrow my 34 if you want. The front sight's on pretty good.

Don't worry I have that little problem taken care of. Man, I am never going to live that down!

Is this dual monitors running and extended desktop, that is, you can drag objects from one monitor across and over to the other screen, or were you running in cloned mode? Was the pdf opened when located on the primary screen or on the secondary screen? What was the nature of the crash?

Yes, I use it as an extended desktop. The PDF was open on my main monitor. When I typed in the PDF monitor 2 went black. I ran the windows wizard and it asked me if I was using Adobe Type Manager. I had to uninstall everything Adobe from my system to recover.

Yes, I use it as an extended desktop. The PDF was open on my main monitor. When I typed in the PDF monitor 2 went black. I ran the windows wizard and it asked me if I was using Adobe Type Manager. I had to uninstall everything Adobe from my system to recover.

This isnt one of the stages from the match is it? :wacko:

Cause if it is, I'll just take a zero for that stage. :)

Edited by Chris Keen

This isn't one of the stages from the match is it? :wacko:

:roflol:

Trust me, I would rather zero that one too.

I find it is much easier to trouble shoot somebody else's system. When mine crashes, I panic! My trouble shooting file gets deleted. I had to leave the room and calm down before I could figure out what happened. I blame it all on ima45dv8. He called me and got on my ass to get the app. in. Said all I had to do was fill in the PDF and print it out. It just so happens, I had just installed a 1 terabyte drive in my machine the day before and I had not rebooted my system since getting the drive up and running. Well, when the PDF locked up my PC I had to hit the kill switch. When it rebooted, all I got was a blinking cursor on the boot screen. Panic set in. I booted it about 6 more times before it dawned on me to look at my bios setup. I found I had accidentally set up the new storage drive as a boot drive when I installed it. Then I had to go deal with the Adobe Type Manager problem.

Way to go Mark! <_<

I find it is much easier to trouble shoot somebody else's system. When mine crashes, I panic! My trouble shooting file gets deleted. I had to leave the room and calm down before I could figure out what happened. I blame it all on ima45dv8. He called me and got on my ass to get the app. in. Said all I had to do was fill in the PDF and print it out. It just so happens, I had just installed a 1 terabyte drive in my machine the day before and I had not rebooted my system since getting the drive up and running. Well, when the PDF locked up my PC I had to hit the kill switch. When it rebooted, all I got was a blinking cursor on the boot screen. Panic set in. I booted it about 6 more times before it dawned on me to look at my bios setup. I found I had accidentally set up the new storage drive as a boot drive when I installed it. Then I had to go deal with the Adobe Type Manager problem.

Way to go Mark! <_<

I live to serve.

If while doing so I cause heartache and panic in technologically-challenged people who are best served by a hammer-and-chisel stone tablet because it suits them, so much the better.

Way to go Mark! <_<

I live to serve.

If while doing so I cause heartache and panic in technologically-challenged people who are best served by a hammer-and-chisel stone tablet because it suits them, so much the better.

That might be funny coming from somebody who had a clue about anything I said. You wouldn't know a terabyte drive from a pine tree, much less be able to set up a dual monitor PC.

:sight: