Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Ozark 3 Gun Championships and 3 Gun Nation affiliation

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Just trying to keep Tac Irons alive and give some of the new shooters an advantage. It pains me to see guys shoot TO with an EOtech and wonder why they dont do better."

I don't see how this rule change helps keep Tac-Iron alive and I am opposed to it. It does not in any way encompass the spirit of the division.

When a new Tac-Optic shooter shows up to face a 350 yard target with an EoTech;

#1). they will quickly learn why it's not the best choice for Tac-Optic and

#2). the friendly seasoned competitor will offer up myriad suggestions on how to be better equipped for the next match, ie: maybe don't use an EoTech.

That's called being a new shooter. It is not necessary to dilute an otherwise competitive and established division for the benefit of someone's first match. I will still show up with my eyeball, rear sight and front sight. Advantage, disadvantage or neutral, electronic sights have no place in Tac-Iron or He-Man. It is not necessary to change long established rules in order to accommodate a shooter who failed to research appropriate gear before they purchased a rifle. This sport is expensive and you have to expect to buy specialized gear, more than once.

If "only ONE sighting system is allowed" in Tac-Iron, are we no longer allowed to run two sets of iron sights on the rifle?

Also, it was said here that EoTech type sights will not be allowed in He-Man because competitors have expressed they want to keep that division pure. What a total contradiction! Keep the iron sight divisions pure across the board. Start a new division if you want to level the playing field for EoTech, C-More, JPoint, Aimpoint, etc., but please, leave the iron shooters out of it.

Edited by Wicked Wrister

I thought Kurt was Kort?

I'm confirmed for the match BTW..

suck it up alamolimper!!! :roflol:

Ok so big bear is Kirk.

KurtM is gort

the abdominal rigger is Chad

bigbrowndog is Scout's dad

who the heck is brain45??????? :devil: :devil: :devil:

trapr

For the fixed sight folks it takes only a few seconds to remove the post from the assembly.

As for the HM shooters not wanting to allow a 1x optic, I know PK and myself are not in that crowd HM needs just as much assistance as Irons does personally I'd do away with HMO and HM Tac and just allow the 1x optic. It is not an attempt to accommodate a new shooter as much as its an attempt to keep an established and dying division alive.

I do agree with the one sight system only, good call on that one.

Trapr

For the fixed sight folks it takes only a few seconds to remove the post from the assembly.

As for the HM shooters not wanting to allow a 1x optic, I know PK and myself are not in that crowd HM needs just as much assistance as Irons does personally I'd do away with HMO and HM Tac and just allow the 1x optic. It is not an attempt to accommodate a new shooter as much as its an attempt to keep an established and dying division alive.

I do agree with the one sight system only, good call on that one.

Trapr

Trapr is RIGHT ON!!!!

I try to refrain from responding to the never ending desire for shooters (most of whom do not shoot HM) to "F" with the Heavy Metal Division, BUT

this is a GREAT idea!

1X optics should be in Limited AND HM at every match!

Other than some obscure "purity factor" why not?

We have matches NOW that are FULL to capacity! More divisions does not(can not>>>the match is full )mean more shooters...only

fewer shooters per division.

Limited with 1x Optics (remember, your eyes when open, are 1 power) and HM with 1x Optics should prove to

increase the number of competitors WITHIN those two divisions.

This, provided HM Tact or HM Optics or Heavy Tact or whatever the flavor of the day it is this week is folded into

HM 1x.

I shoot HM Iron (a bunch!) and I approve this message.

Patrick

We are now less than 30 days out!

Just had a quick question about the new site for the match. Last year we could drive our vehicles to or very close to the stages. Are you far enough in the stage design/placement to know if that will be possible again this year? I was considering hauling a UTV with me if I can't drive the GMC everywhere.

You should be able to drive to almost every stage this year.

Almost huh? So there's that one stage where you have to muck through the swamp 2 miles to get to it? :roflol:

I've got the directions to the Hotel but are there directions somewhere I'm missing to the range? Or registration?

Here's the bottom line: I drove my Kia Rio to EVERY stage. I rubbed the bumper once. I did it multiple times, even after a big rain & did not spin tires at all, I did not have any mud on my car. Be it duly noted if you only drive on pavement day to day and not off road ever, your luck will probably not be as good. Those are current conditions, there are 2 spots we are planning to improve that will make it cake.

-Ruf

1X optics should be in Limited AND HM at every match!...

Other than some obscure "purity factor" why not?...

Limited with 1x Optics (remember, your eyes when open, are 1 power)...

Apparently electronic non-magnified optics are the same as traditional iron sights, which is news to me, but be that as it may, I assume no-one will mind when I show up in "Tac-Iron" with JPoints on my shotgun and pistol. Since it's not an advantage on the rifle, it must not be an advantage on the shotgun or pistol either.

See you in a few weeks.

Apparently electronic non-magnified optics are the same as traditional iron sights, which is news to me, but be that as it may, I assume no-one will mind when I show up in "Tac-Iron" with JPoints on my shotgun and pistol. Since it's not an advantage on the rifle, it must not be an advantage on the shotgun or pistol either.

See you in a few weeks.

This isnt the appropriate forum or thread for pot stirring. If you have a serious question or comment concerning equipment or rules you can contact the MD- "BigBear, or the Range Master- ABN_RGR

No goat ride this year????

Just because we are in Missouri..... Oh I get it! That funny looking vehicle we rode in last year.

Bryan is from KY, Im sure he gets plenty of "goat" time.....

That's fine. I'll just bring my own. (transportation, not goat!) :roflol:

See you in a few weeks.

This isnt the appropriate forum or thread for pot stirring. If you have a serious question or comment concerning equipment or rules you can contact the MD- "BigBear, or the Range Master- ABN_RGR

I agrree and I appologise for adding to the debate.

Sincerely

Patrick

See you in a few weeks.

The beauty of outlaw matches is you can shoot in the matches where you agree with the rules and not shoot in the ones you dont. I hope you do come to our match, but dont be upset when you get bumped to open.

See you in a few weeks.

Sincerely

Patrick

Believe me Pat, that wasnt directed at you.

Well not to get away from rules questions, or eqipment qibbling...BUT......the most common mis-type of my name is Kuert Milker, followed closely by Kyet Millet

Ive heard you called worse than milker......

See you in a few weeks.

Sincerely

Patrick

Believe me Pat, that wasnt directed at you.

Not at all Patrick. The debate is very welcome. And even though I haven't posted much on this years thread, I am reading everything and appreciate the feedback.

Shooters,

We knew going into this that there would be some people not happy about the change, that's just how it goes. We also knew that there would be those completely for it, those not sure, and those who thinks it needs to go further. And we understand that completely. This was not an easy decision. Nor, was it one that was taken lightly. Many things were considered. Many professionals were asked for thier input. And in the end, like we are taught to do, we gathered all the facts, sorted through the opinions, and made the best decision possible. We are not the only match to make this change in the 2010 season. And, next year you may be suprised to know that this will be a very popular rule change for many more matches. In the end, I'm sorry that we couldn't satisfy everyone. But, the rules have changed. The outcome will be monitored. And everyone's going to have a great time. Unless you just don't want to.

Thank you

Kirk Broyles

Match Director

Ozark 3-Gun Championship