Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Ozark 3 Gun Championships and 3 Gun Nation affiliation

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys ROCK!

Just trying to keep Tac Irons alive and give some of the new shooters an advantage. It pains me to see guys shoot TO with an EOtech and wonder why they dont do better.

You answered your own question....EOtech. I'd rather shoot irons.

Craig

Woohoo!! I made it in. And I'm in the first 100. Really looking forward to that match giveaway rifle. It'll look really nice in the safe.

How do you know if your in the first 100?

I did get an email that I am in , I just hope my leg heals before the match = I hope it heals in time to get my run speed back .

Edited by AlamoShooter

Chuck you got lucky on that quick reply. I've been out of the office for the past two weeks and was trying to get caught up on work. But now I see that upon my return to the office in the morning, I'm going to have 199 more emails asking if they made it :-). I might not get everyone answered, sorry.

I will add that Chuck or whoever wins that KIck A** rifle is going to love it. And it will look good in anyones safe. But don't leave it there. It's built to race. So take it out and let it eat. And don't forget the great sponsors that helped make it possible; Adams Arms, Leupold, Black Rain Ord, Samson MFG, AP Customs, C Products, Buffer Tech, and O3GC.

See you guys all at the range,

Kirk Broyles

Match Director

O3GC

Due to popular opinion, we are revising the rules to allow non magnified electronic devices in Tac Iron. They must be a true 1x (EOtech, aimpoint, etc). If anyone has any questions, let me know. If you have already signed up in TO and want to change your division because of the rule change, IM and let me know.

I will be shooting tac-iron with with antiquated sights. I have followed the discussion and change that USPSA made and that others have used in the past. I will be interested in seeing the results. Will we have a way to determine who shot what at the end of the match. I don't need or want to know before but am interested non the less.

Jay

Jury is still out for me. I think a great shooter will overcome with what equipment he has and his experience and shooting skills will rule. What I know is that I have shot an aimpoint and an eotech side by side with my iron rifle. Granted they were my friends rifle and I was helping with sight in. I could not get near as tight of a group with the electronics at 100 yards. I would not choose one for myself.

Jay

My personal opinion as a competitive shooter and former SWAT Operator, EOtechs and Aimpoints are really meant only for close combat where you have to be very aware of your surroudings and be able to aim your gun in a split second. It's easier to that with a red dot than trying to line up your front and rear sights. But for competition, iron sights are the way to go.

It would be great to see the final results for this match having a little notation on who used 1x optics and who did not. I'm betting on an iron sight shooter.

Schmitty: Dude, the quote "silver pimp grips" gotta go. You're embarrasing me. :P

Due to popular opinion, we are revising the rules to allow non magnified electronic devices in Tac Iron. They must be a true 1x (EOtech, aimpoint, etc). If anyone has any questions, let me know. If you have already signed up in TO and want to change your division because of the rule change, IM and let me know.

Is this rule change going to apply to heavy metal division as well? Those poor guys don't want to line up sights either, except for PK, one of my hero's :roflol: I assume that means Cmores and other brands as well not just eotech and aimpoint Oh, yeah are we talking just the rifle part or can we put these on pistols now too, well heck lets just do away with all iron sights, I'm having trouble focusing on my front sight on my pistol and my rifle sight is much farther away whatever LOL, I remember when we only had one division in USPSA :sight:

I will talk with Sandra (stats) and see if we can get an * or something by the guys with electronic sights. I am also curious as to the results. Im with the majority on this one. I think it will help on the close hoser stuff, but will hinder on the LR stuff. I think most of the guys who will show up with EOtechs and Aimpoints are going to be newer shooters who will be trying this out for the first time. I may be wrong, but time will tell. I do think the sights need to be limited to ONE sighting system. If not, we are going to start seeing small red dots mounted on a 45 with the irons on top. I think that is getting away from the spirit of the division. I may be in the minority on that. Any thoughts?

Is this rule change going to apply to heavy metal division as well? Those poor guys don't want to line up sights either, except for PK, one of my hero's :roflol: I assume that means Cmores and other brands as well not just eotech and aimpoint Oh, yeah are we talking just the rifle part or can we put these on pistols now too, well heck lets just do away with all iron sights, I'm having trouble focusing on my front sight on my pistol and my rifle sight is much farther away whatever LOL, I remember when we only had one division in USPSA :sight:

Heavy Metal will not be allowed electronic devices. This is definitely a division Ive been told wants to remain pure.

It is very tempting to switch back to irons if you would allow an offset Jpoint or something like that for the shorter targets, then allow more precise irons for the longer shots. You would see a whole new cottage industry spring up for that one division. Interesting!

I wouldn't do it if I was forced to stay with an Eotech or Aimpoint only for the match.

I will talk with Sandra (stats) and see if we can get an * or something by the guys with electronic sights. I am also curious as to the results. Im with the majority on this one. I think it will help on the close hoser stuff, but will hinder on the LR stuff. I think most of the guys who will show up with EOtechs and Aimpoints are going to be newer shooters who will be trying this out for the first time. I may be wrong, but time will tell. I do think the sights need to be limited to ONE sighting system. If not, we are going to start seeing small red dots mounted on a 45 with the irons on top. I think that is getting away from the spirit of the division. I may be in the minority on that. Any thoughts?

I think you've pretty much nailed it. I would expect to see the optic mounted offset to allow the use of irons and electronic sight unless it is specifically forbidden in the rules. I had thought of running irons sometime, I'll reserve judgement for now and see how this plays out.

Just FYI, when we started this, we stated that only irons OR a 1x electronic sighting device. Irons could be co-witnessed through the electronic site, but not in addition to, I.e. no 45 degree mount, etc....

I have no dog in this fight since I unfortunately am not able to shoot this match, just letting you know how and where it started and the intent.

M

Edited by mike_pinto

Just FYI, when we started this, we stated that only irons OR a 1x electronic sighting device. Irons could be co-witnessed through the electronic site, but not in addition to, I.e. no 45 degree mount, etc....

Hells yes boyeeez! BUIS for your $450 red dot optic. Now that's ATAS!!! :D

I have no dog in this fight since I unfortunately am not able to shoot this match, just letting you know how and where it started and the intent.

M

I agree.

Heavy Metal will not be allowed electronic devices. This is definitely a division Ive been told wants to remain pure.

I Thank you!!! And I think Eddie would thank you!!! (even thou he preferred scopes in the past couple of years...)

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

Mike, you contradict yourself in your statement, one sighting system only, irons OR a 1x optic, does not allow irons co-witnessed thru the optic, that would be 2 sighting systems.

Since I do not know exactly how you"ve been running the match at OKC, I can't speak for your interpretation. However I recall your statement being correct about ONE sighting system, ONLY. The real problem here is how does USPSA address it, since they are the ones that most everyone will base the class off of????????

trapr