Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comfortable OWB Holster for CCW

hawk45

I carried a 5" 1911 concealed in a Galco F.L.E.T.C.H. for a couple of years and really liked it. I don't bother concealing any more, though. Living in an open carry state makes life much easier. :)

Yeah, good luck with that :ph34r:

No need for luck. <_<

I've OC'ed 3-5 days a week every week for a year. Never a problem.

A year...wow :unsure: It's like an investment, past success (luck) is no indication of future results.

Professional gun toters generally don't carry visibly if they're not in uniform, and when they do, they've got a big ole badge next to the gun. But hey, if you want to be the initial focus of a bad guy that you accidentally run into...oh wait, we're back to "good luck" again. ;)

Since the OP wasn't asking about open carry, I'll leave it at that.

The F.L.E.T.C.H. you mentioned isn't a bad choice, but I find that style of holster doesn't hold the gun as tight to the body as a scabbard and they seem to get in the way more on stuff like car seatbelts etc.....having spent a lot of time in a car while carrying that stuff starts to matter. I also see a lot of people struggle to reholster properly with that sort of semi-pancake (not as big a deal for civilian CCW).

I also have a Galco Concealed Carry Paddle (C.C.P.) for my one or two suits with belt loops in the wrong place....it's surprisingly comfortable, holds the gun pretty tight to the body and is quite secure. R,