Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DPMS Tri-Gun Challenge

DPMS Firearms Says Goodbye… DPMS Firearms President Randy Luth Announces His Retirement

St. Cloud, MN –DPMS Firearms announces the retirement of its President and Founder, Randy Luth, effective Monday, December 14, 2009. Originally founded as Defense Procurement Manufacturing Services (D.P.M.S.), Luth built DPMS from a garage-based parts company into what is today, one of the largest AR manufacturers in the nation. After the December 2007 acquisition by Freedom Group Inc., Luth continued his role as president, guiding the company through the turbulent marketplace before, during and after the 2008 election.

“It has been an honor and a privilege to work with Randy over the last 22 years. I consider him to be a pioneer in our industry with several patents to his name and having taken the lead to introduce the hunting market to the AR platform. DPMS is truly losing one of its best and we will all miss his guidance, candor and humor. We wish Randy all the best with his future endeavors,” said Todd Mittelstaedt, DPMS Plant Leader.

Luth’s quest to introduce the hunting market to the AR platform was recognized in January 2009 when he was named to the Outdoor Life’s OL-25, and later chosen by online voters as the OL-25 “Reader’s Choice” recipient. The recent campaign by the NSSF to educate hunters everywhere about the “modern sporting rifle” can be directly attributed to Luth’s push to make AR rifles acceptable firearms in the field, the woods and on the range.

“Randy Luth is not only a mentor and visionary within the firearms industry, but he’s “Uncle Randy” to everyone who considers him a friend. He has an eye to see people not only for who they are, but who they can become,” said Dustin Emholtz, DPMS Sales Manager. “Everyone in the firearms community will miss him, and I cannot wait to compete against him in future shooting competitions! I wish Randy luck in everything he does because he succeeds at everything he puts his mind to.”

Walter McLallen, Chairman of the Board for Freedom Group, Inc. added, “we are sad to see Randy go, but wish him the best as he gets to spend more time in the woods and field. We are very pleased with the people leading the business from here on out, people that have worked closely with Randy and whom he has hand-picked to succeed him.”

In a statement to the DPMS employees and industry partners and friends, Luth stated, “Perhaps there is never a good time to retire, however there will always be the next challenge, the next hurdle, but for me the time is right. It is time to slow down and enjoy life. DPMS is blessed beyond belief to have such talented, hard working, and knowledgeable people. I know that I am leaving DPMS in the capable hands of its employees. It is they who will take DPMS to the next level, and I am excited to watch from the sidelines...or more precisely, the field.”

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy, you will be missed but hopefully not missing from our future, good luck and it's always been a pleasure. If you get some free time you are always welcome at my place to do some shooting to practice up for the next big match :bow: .

Don't worry we can keep you ahead of Dustin

jeff

Edited by benelli2

Randy is one of the nicest people I know. He has always been dedicated to the industry and promoted 3gun more than anyone I know. He and all the crew at DPMS has helped me a great deal. I hope he enjoys his retirement, I am sure we will get to see him more now at matches than before. If you see him be sure to thank him for all he has done. Any prize table always has lots of DPMS stuff on it, and that is because of his efforts.

Thanks Randy

for all you have done.

Dean

Randy,

Good luck, you have done a great job as an executive leader. I hope you enjoy the slower pace, but I bet we will see you doing something else before too long. Still hope we see you at the Tri-gun challenge.

Albert Pilkington

Randy,

I'm a newbie here. Never met you, but my favorite new shooting toy has a Panther on the side! I've had nothing but great support from DPMS, and I'm sure that satisfaction will continue. Great company, and I appreciate the people who give back to the passion of their customers... Enjoy retirement!

Jeff

Randy has done more for the shooting sports than we really know. We all owe him a debt of gratitude.

I am so happy for him. Growing his company into what it is today... enjoying every minute of it... and now able to retire to enjoy his family... The American Dream come true.

Thank you Bruce for the professionalism you showed during the shoot-off at Ft. Benning. Randy chooses men of character and you showed us why you were chosen! Congrats on the win as well!

Edited by KevinC

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Awful quiet here!

I was thinking the same thing... the website hasn't been updates since last August.

It would appear that there isn't going to be one. Would LEAR or someone official confirm that it is canceled, so we can stop holding our breath and get on to other things??

Awful quiet here!

I was thinking the same thing... the website hasn't been updates since last August.

It would appear that there isn't going to be one. Would LEAR or someone official confirm that it is canceled, so we can stop holding our breath and get on to other things??

My understanding from talking with Lea yesterday the match is still a go.

How does the application process work for this match?

I haven't been but tried to get in before. I think they send invititations to past participants.

After a grace period, they open it to everyone else. Then a waiting list.

Craig

How does the application process work for this match?

I haven't been but tried to get in before. I think they send invititations to past participants.

After a grace period, they open it to everyone else. Then a waiting list.

Craig

Nail on the head.

Even though the info on their website is from last year, I assume it will work the same again this year like it has in the past. Updated with the app for the past shooters (although I think you have had to shoot it for several years to qualify for the past shooter app) then a few weeks later the general app is posted and everybody can apply.

Edited by TruePunisher