Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

www.handicappedfraud.org

-JQ-

This is a bit of a soapbox for me but...what kind of dolt does this. And he does it time and time again.

We have a guy in our office building that continually parks (new range rover) in handicap spots. We have 2-3 orthopedic offices and 2-3 other med offices in our mixed use building.

This guys always parks in one of the HC spots...the regular spots are another 20 feet away and there is always one open within 100 feet...does this 30-40 something guy walk NO WAY...

I've tried to ignore it...deep breath...and keep walking. But there are tons of old folks that come here that need those spots.

Today I used the www.handicappedfraud.org/ website to report it...just getting warmed up. Then I decided to fill in the form on his website...I guess he wants people to send him notes there ?!

Did I mention that the one he's in front of now is DIRECTLY in front of an orthopedic office doorway?

I thought putting this here might calm me down some...I think it is just making me madder...I think maybe an email to the building manager is in order... :angry2:

I just sent an email to the Bld. manager...just to give him a fair chance. (the building manager I mean)

We have a steady stream of octogenarians into this building...so what is this guy's thought process?

Maybe he doesn't have any mirrors - I couldn't look myself in the face either.

What a dick.

Are the spots marked per OH state law?

Here in WA, regulations dictate that the parking spot must have a vertical sign. The handicapped symbol on the ground alone doesn't legally make it a handicapped spot.

Are the spots marked per OH state law?

Here in WA, regulations dictate that the parking spot must have a vertical sign. The handicapped symbol on the ground alone doesn't legally make it a handicapped spot.

Not sure what the law says...but given the fact that it is clearly marked on the asphalt - that is good enough for me...especially when all the old folks have to walk around his rover to get in the door of the orthopedist office...

Common courtesy shouldn't have to be a law...but you can't cure stupid.

If this was just off hours I wouldn't have a beef...we have about 10 spots for HC...but during the day it looks like an old folks demolition derby around those spots all day long...yet another sensible reason NOT to park your rover there. But the HC spots are covered from the weather... <_<

:sick: :sick: :sick:

If its like most states the cops cant write parking tickets on private property...been told this many times over the years...by cops we called.

Edit...the building owner has to call the cops...then the ticket can be issued...try making this happen at Wal-Mart or the mall....:)

Edited by cripple

If its like most states the cops cant write parking tickets on private property...been told this many times over the years...by cops we called.

Edit...the building owner has to call the cops...then the ticket can be issued...try making this happen at Wal-Mart or the mall....:)

That's a shame.

Well...I just got an email back from the building owner/manager thanking me for bringing it to his attention. Apparently I wasn't the only one to complain. He had a face to face with the guy already and addressed it. Great guy!

I thanked him for his diplomacy, that would surely exceed mine!

Our building owners are good stand up guys.

+1 for the good guys.

Funny story here about HC spots, sort of: Years ago my wife(at the time) went to one of our local high schools to do a little job fair thing. Well, it had been snowing for a few hours so the ground was pretty well covered. She drives around the parking lot & finds this nice, convenient to the door spot. She parks there of course. :rolleyes: When she comes back out, the snow has melted off & not only does she find out she parked in a HC spot but the local pd have ticketed her. It was high, can't remember for sure as this has been years ago(like 15? or so) but seems like it was $200 or close. I had to laugh. :lol:

Perhaps that is why she is my "former" wife?????? :blink: There was no sign post but it was painted on the pavement. If I had really been a good husband, I would have taken it downtown to court but alas, I was not & did not. She was plenty mad, though. I still laugh to this day. :devil:

MLM

A few years ago, the local Sam's club moved all of their handicapped parking spots into the lot for their tire/battery store --- a much closer walk to the front door, and no need to cross a roadway in the parking lot anymore. They removed all the upright signs form the old parking spaces, but didn't paint over the signs on the pavement, which have now nicely faded --- but are still visible. No matter how crowded Sam's is, several of the old now non-handicapped spots are always open. I love oblivious people....

"There was no sign post but it was painted on the pavement."
Which is why they perhaps insist that there be an upright SIGN as well as the painted pavement markers.

Could be...did I mention all of our HC spots are also covered...

Dude was still parked there when I left the office about 6:30...back in high school I might have considered how cold it is (20 F) and thought how awful it is when your locks freeze up...then you are stuck in the cold locked out of your car.

But alas, I only fantasize about those things now in my older years.

I'll take a picture next time - you'll be able to see the ortho DR front door right off his quarter panel...Peace on Earth.