Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 NRA Bianchi Cup

NRAActionPistol

All,

The 2010 NRA Bianchi Cup On-Line Entry is up & running!

https://www.nrahq.org/compete/bianchi/Default.asp

The web page is updated as well, more information will be added as 2010 progresses.

http://www.nrahq.org/compete/nm_actionshooting.asp

All International Invitations are in the mail and on the way to our International Competitors that have competed in the 2009 NRA Bianchi Cup or have requested an Invitation in writing.

These (2) two paragraphs are copied from the 2010 Official Invitation.

This year “1st time Men, Women & Junior competitors using a production firearm and achieving the highest aggregate score of all (4) four Championship Events will be awarded $2,500 for 1st Place, $1,500 for 2nd Place, and $750 for 3rd place. The competitor must not be a sponsored/professional competitor and must have a NRA Classification in any NRA Pistol Discipline”

Ruger will be Sponsoring a .22 Cal Multi-Gun Side Event, this Event will be a Rifle & Pistol Event, Ruger Firearm’s will be awarded to the High Pistol, High Rifle & High Overall! Ruger has graciously agreed to provide the Firearms & Ammunition for this event.

Come one, come all, now is the time!

bianchicup@nrahq.org

post-12513-1260460144_thumb.jpg

Ruger will be Sponsoring a .22 Cal Multi-Gun Side Event, this Event will be a Rifle & Pistol Event, Ruger Firearm’s will be awarded to the High Pistol, High Rifle & High Overall! Ruger has graciously agreed to provide the Firearms & Ammunition for this event.

For some reason, I really love playing with rimfires so this is great news! Is any more information available about the courses of fire?

What is the definition of Sponsored/Professional competitor? If you've ever received something? Is there a threshhold? I've got a couple sponsors, but nothing that amounts to even the 3rd place Production Prize.

Chuck,

This would not apply to you, a Professional Shooter is someone that gets monetary compensation from a company or companies to compete.

Hope to see you in Columbia.

Tom...

For some reason, I really love playing with rimfires so this is great news! Is any more information available about the courses of fire?

Here it is!

Hope to see you in Columbia!

Tom...

2010RugerRimfireRules.pdf

The 2010 NRA Bianchi Cup On-Line Entry is up & running!

https://www.nrahq.org/compete/bianchi/Default.asp

This year “1st time Men, Women & Junior competitors using a production firearm and achieving the highest aggregate score of all (4) four Championship Events will be awarded $2,500 for 1st Place, $1,500 for 2nd Place, and $750 for 3rd place. The competitor must not be a sponsored/professional competitor and must have a NRA Classification in any NRA Pistol Discipline”

I don't want to register just yet. What are the dates for next year competition? Have to make sure my schedule is clear?

Anyone want to take a first timer with them and get the 1/2 off credit? (ohio) I've not been in the past. I am eligible for the 1st timer as I'm NRA classified in Air pistol and conventional pistol.

All,

The web page is updated as well, more information will be added as 2010 progresses.

http://www.nrahq.org/compete/nm_actionshooting.asp

quote]

The dates are May 26 through 29. I believe they are having a warm up match on Monday before the main match starts so you will want to arrive Sunday night and stay all week.

The dates are May 26 through 29. I believe they are having a warm up match on Monday before the main match starts so you will want to arrive Sunday night and stay all week.

Dates are correct...thanks Kevin.

No warm up or practice match in 2010, the practice range will be open all week!

Tom...

Dates are correct...thanks Kevin.

No warm up or practice match in 2010, the practice range will be open all week!

Tom...

The practice range is just that, for practice. I apologize for being so negative but this SUCKS!!

I have been going since 2000. They did not have the practice match then and I vividly remembering how uncomfortable it was because you had no feel for the range or equipment. If it wasn't for Alan, I wouldn't have had a clue.

The practice match does two things.

1. Runs the equipment under match conditions therefore it gives them time to fix all the problems on Tuesday before the main match begins.

2. SAFETY. You are trying to get all these new shooters to come. Some of them have never shot AP before. This is why we have a practice day before all the Regionals that I have shot.

This will be my 11th trip to Columbia. Every year they seem to change something on the range. Last year it was the gravel and the year before, the same. You may not realize it but it makes a difference.

Looks like I'm going to have to make an extra trip to Columbia.

The practice range is just that, for practice. I apologize for being so negative but this SUCKS!!

Sorry guys,

There was no Practice Match this year either, the staff will have plenty of time to get ready to run a National Championship and make sure everything works the way that is upposed to.

As you all very well know, you can NOT substitute game day, no matter what!

Tom...

I think Michigan will get a few more entries next year 'cos there is nothing to rush to Columbia for. :( Sorry Tom but not a good call.

No practice match this year? I certainly treated the Nostalgia Match as a pre-match because it was at the match venue. The practice range bears no resemblance to the match venue at all.

Coatesy

Well Kevin, I have to disagree. I have never shot the practice match at the cup. (one exception, Nostalga Match Last Year with a revolver) I know I am not quite at your level!!!! I have always liked the practice match though, because Green Valley practice range was disearted and you could shoot the mover as many times as you wanted to!!!! That is the only thing that I don't think the NRA has thought about! Is this is going to overtax the practice range. It is no way big enought to house all those shooters the day before the match. Guess I will go up a week early like I always do and go site seeing the day before the match!!!! Right! I'll be out there standing in line to shoot the match scheduled for me the next day!

Tom, if they are going to do this, you may want to think about another mover or let people practice on the upper mover at the big range. Just a suggestion! The other ranges seem to move along at an acceptable rate.

Kim

Edited by kimmbeckwith

Kim,

We'll have to agree to disagree.

I will agree with you about the practice range. That place was a zoo last year and if we get more new shooters you might as well forget about mover practice. I remember waiting 6 hours to shoot it last year.

I have heard that there are ranges behind the upper mover that are set up for the 4 events. I've never seen them for myself.

It seems to me that we need to find another range to practice for a few days and then just warm up out at the practice range.

Sounds like it will be a few less days spent in Columbia.