Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grainger Corn Cob

Sarge

For corn cobb media I buy 14/20 from an industrial blast media supplier. Much cheaper than the stuff sold for polishing brass and no difference in performance. Some welding supply outlets also stock corn cobb media.

Would like some feedback on how well the finer media works. One benefit I see is the finer stuff will not get trapped in the flash hole.

For corn cobb media I buy 14/20 from an industrial blast media supplier.

That is what we are talking about I think. It's blast media. I can't find it at the welding/blasting shops around here but I can find walnut pretty easy.

The product I buy is called Grit-O-Cob. I am in the Houston area and buy from Clemtex who sell abrasive blasting equipment and media. You might try a search for Grit-O-Cob and contact the manufacturer concerning who in your area stocks the material.

The product I buy is called Grit-O-Cob. I am in the Houston area and buy from Clemtex who sell abrasive blasting equipment and media. You might try a search for Grit-O-Cob and contact the manufacturer concerning who in your area stocks the material.

Thats what I'm using. Grit-O-Cob.

Ordered mine from Drillspot and it was drop shipped from Grainger. Got the 20/40 and wondering if I should add some alcohol to the nu-finish wax or leave it.

I add a little mineral spirits... just a tad- it really helps keep the dust down.

Ordered mine from Drillspot and it was drop shipped from Grainger. Got the 20/40 and wondering if I should add some alcohol to the nu-finish wax or leave it.

I add a little mineral spirits... just a tad- it really helps keep the dust down.

Thanks for the reply. Will get some next time I'm at Wally World.

Thanks for the reply. Will get some next time I'm at Wally World.

One other thing- I don't usually use nu-finish or the other stuff for brass. I find that if I keep the media somewhat fresh, while adding just a small amount of mineral spirits- all is good. With the quantity of media we have and the costs we paid- I don't think it makes sense trying to get every possible tumble out of it!