Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Today's weather

mlmiller1

Today's weather has seen it all except nice. Rain, hail, sleet, & snow more or less. Started out the morning with a nice thick coat of ice on everything, @20 degrees, slight breeze a few snowflakes coming down. Started warming up, sleet balls, then rain, then for just a minute, the sun was out. Now here is what is going on:

54 °F

Humidity: 17%

Dew Point: 10 °F

Wind: 39 mph from the West

Wind Gust: 52.0 mph

Pressure: 29.54 in (Falling)

Take particular note of the wind. The sky is a beautiful brown with a nice dust falling when you get out of the wind. Some days are diamonds & some aren't. This is a definite "aren't" day.

I'm now headed to the firestation just hoping we don't have any fires until the wind dies down. Nasty, nasty weather.

MLM

Today's weather has seen it all except nice. Rain, hail, sleet, & snow more or less. Started out the morning with a nice thick coat of ice on everything, @20 degrees, slight breeze a few snowflakes coming down. Started warming up, sleet balls, then rain, then for just a minute, the sun was out. Now here is what is going on:

54 °F

Sounds like the weather recipe for a match at DoubleTap Ranch!!! :surprise:

54 °F

You forgot the four hard-core shooters out there huddled around a burn barrel. :ph34r:

The same system is supposed to bring us mostly rain here in SW Ohio. But alot of it. High wind advisory caused me to take down half the Christmas stuff I put out until it passes. It's a screwy storm for sure.

"Down in the low teens here in orygun. Can't remember the last time that happened."
It happened last year. We had super-low temps and about three inches of solid ice all over everything (for sure the roadways) for about a week. It was HIGHLY unusual for our immediate area and streets were so slick everything pretty much came to a halt for a few days. Things got really quiet.

Last night it dropped to 10 degrees. Predicted to do so again tonight and close to it the next night. Warm back up to normal by week's end. Sunny and clear for now, but strangely windy yesterday. Boy, and it's that wind-chill that'll git ya'...

Steve, that is absolutely right. We stole some of Robert's weather!!!! hahahaha.

Just commiserating with all you guys made the evening better. Wind is down, so are temps but hey, it's ok!

MLM

Luckily it is cloudy here so it is "just" 40C. We are down to 25Kl of water per houshold per day here. I would donate bodyparts for some rain and cold. Hell, I will even settle for cooler.

I've got cooler... -11F. Not as "cool" as up in Cody, though.

Great...just...great... :angry2:

On the bright side, I don't have to worry about renting a pruning saw (a little chainsaw on a telescoping pole) to clean up the trees around my house.

On the dark side, I now have a nice big dent in my truck's hood.

:angry2:

I went out there this morning to get some coffee creamer out of the truck. I am about to open the driver's side door and I hear this CRRRRAAAACCCCKKKK!!!

I ran like a little girl...with my arms covering my head.

The branch that fell went right through a solid wood door I had in the back that I was going to trash anyway.

I feel for some of you but I just can't reach you. In November we had 2 weeks of 30-50 MPH winds. Mondays low was -27, yesterdays high was -11, today is supposed to get up to -6 at noon before it starts to drop again. But things are looking up a chinook is forecast with 30 MPH winds so wind chills are projected to reach -35.

Ski resort 50 miles south is opening Friday with a 53" base at the top, whatever that means.

"Down in the low teens here in orygun. Can't remember the last time that happened."
It happened last year. We had super-low temps and about three inches of solid ice all over everything (for sure the roadways) for about a week. It was HIGHLY unusual for our immediate area and streets were so slick everything pretty much came to a halt for a few days. Things got really quiet.

Last night it dropped to 10 degrees. Predicted to do so again tonight and close to it the next night. Warm back up to normal by week's end. Sunny and clear for now, but strangely windy yesterday. Boy, and it's that wind-chill that'll git ya'...

It never got below 20 degrees during that winter storm last year, at least in PDX, according to the NWS. We just broke a record today. It got down to 13 degrees. The previous record was 15 in 1972.

Last night it snowed 15 to 19 inches. Sucks., They didn't plow our road untill 4:00 pm. Temps are going to go below zero for the next couple of days and very windy. The only good thing about today was no work and I got to spend the day with my wife.