Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
C Sims

Springfield Armory Rear Sight?

I have a Springfield Armory 1911 9mm that has a Dawson Fiber optic front sight and a Novak rear sight. I would like to change the rear sight to an Adjustable Blade such as the Bomar style. Has anyone used the Springfield Armory adjustable rear sight that they list on their website. It is made to work with the Novak cut and seems to be the only adjustable that I can find that will work with the Novak cut.

Any opinions or suggestions? Thanks!

I don't have experience with the Springfield adjustable, but MMC makes a great adjustable rear that fits Novak cuts (and most other cuts as well). I have one on a Kimber that a fixed sight cut, and a couple on Glocks, and have had great luck with them. Check out Brownells, they carry them.....

If it is the same one that they use on their adj. sight guns its fine. I've got 2 guns with Bomar and a springfield w/ the stock adj. sight and I can't tell a difference. They all work fine and the sight picture is fine. I haven't had a problem with breakage or coming lose

I also have a Bomar and SA adjustable sight on two limited guns. Both are just fine.

The SA adjustable sight is a short contraption that fits the Novak sight cut. I know two guys that have them on their Lim-10 guns, seem to work fine.....

http://www.springfield-armory.com/shop/?pa...824e59acc1fc077

They seem to do a good job of simulating a Bomar type sight picture, with out having a Bomar or LPA sight cut.

I have the Bomar knockoff "fullsize" type adj sight like comes on thier Target guns on my 9mm SS.... been a great sight. Just a little bigger blade than a Bomar, which bothers me a little unitl I get used to it again.

Give it a try, it seems cheaper than a MMC, and should give a better sight picture.

The problem with the Novak adjustable is that the sight cut is different from the standard Novak cut.

The Springfield-Armory adjustable is the one that I would like to get. I was just curious if someone had one they had taken when making an open gun or decided they wanted a different sight.

Is the Springfield sight windage adjustable too?

The MMC and Novak are elevation only, and you adjust the windage by moving the entire sight in the dovetail ... to me, that defeats the purpose!

Yes, the SA is adjustable for windage and elevation. It seems really Tactical, I'm just having fun with that Tac word since there are so many people fussing about it with the new rifle division. Just stirring the pot! ;)

I wonder how rugged it is. From the photo, it looks like it wouldn't take much to damage or move the blade on the rear. Do you think they're as strong as a Bo-Mar?