Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Minimum post count for classifieds

GIO

I'm a commodity broker - I buy and sell things for a living. I never take offense at a low ball offer - I just view them as evidence that someone is interested, and an opportunity to bring a buyer up to my price. I'd much rather have lowball offers than no offers!

On the other hand, someone who publicly posts "I'll take it" and then continues to haggle privately is unclear on the rules of commerce and is potentially costing you sales from buyers who assumed your item was gone.

I think the forum works pretty well as is - I bought the best gun I've ever owned here, and I've had great experiences with buyers from the Enosverse.

+1 bbbean.

My experience with the purchases and sales I've made on the classifieds has been very good. An offer is just that, an offer not a personal thing. It's then the sellers option to say, yes, no or "how about this much." In general I have found through my business that the 21st century buyer has lost some of the "trading" sense. Part of that "trading" sense is when you say yes it's yes period. Your word should be your bond.

Edited by tohlmann

I've never had any major problems with transactions on this board. I've sent items without payment received and vice versa. Most on this board are leveled up kind of people. I've had a few issues, but nothing to grumble about.

I do like the idea of a feedback system, even for the vendors area. I dislike the idea that we can post only positive experiences and bad ones are not allowed.. I'll leave names out. when i shop with someone, i want to know when i will receive my items ordered and if problems arise, the vendor will take care of it.

I'm another one of those newbies. I mainly just sit back and try to learn from this great group of shooters. That being said, I have a few things I would like to post for sale here but refuse to spam out msgs just to get my post count up to the point where I can sell. I have bought a couple of items off the sight and have have nothing but rave reviews for the sellers.

interesting.

horse trading is always a trust issue.

and the unexpected happens.

Funny, I thought the trust and honesty here on this forum

followed a post listing a price and some one posting

they would take it.

A done deal.

The original post is an eye opener for me

in that when I see a post stating "I'll take it"

now I know to send my own bid for the item

or at least poke a "dibbs" post, If I want it.

now I know why some guys add to the classified

the comment:

first guy to get me the money gets it.

live and learn

miranda