Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

dvd for trap

gunner40sw

Yes. A trap shooting friend loaned me some of the best instructional DVDs out there. After viewing it, I have to say that Phil Kiner's Clinic on DVD is one that every trapshooter should own. It is the same as his clinic on the range. He covers all of the basics from the ground up, and the section on look-points and hold-points are as good as it gets.

Both of Harlan Campbell's DVDs are great, and include the "Eye-Cam", which is wonderful for new shooters. He teaches the way he shoots, where Kiner provides you with a basic guideline. Campbell considers a "neutral" pattern for a trap gun to be 100 percent high, so his instruction reflects that. Even so, I think Campbells doubles DVD will get anyone started on the right foot.

The videos are a good way to learn the basics and then work from there to get your own style. There is no one "right" way to shoot for everyone. When I shot skeet alot there were people that paid big bucks to take lessons to be taught to shoot like the instructor did. It didnt work too well for them. Learn the basics from the video then go from there and develop your own style

• 1 year later...

I like Harlans better, they are both friends of mine. Phils is a good place to start. If you are going to shoot doubles Harlans is a must. It is true Harlans is based on how he shoots but thats not a bad thing, I'll take his scores any day. If you can find a copy of Frank Littles book it is very good. They are all good starting places and give you a good start on the learning curve.

• 3 months later...

Years ago I got the tapes Frank Little put out. Liked em real well. He had one on 16 and handicap and one on doubles. I think they have made them into dvd's. Do a web search they'll turn up.