Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Payment Plan for USPSA Life Membership

Nemo

I did the life membership on a payment plan. ours is cheap compared to other life memberships. As much as i was putting into the sport, it seemed like the right thing to do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well I was going to get the life membership about 2 months ago and called the main office to inform them and that's when they told me they did away with it because of the hassle, people not forfilling, etc...

SO i thought that idea was down the drain but thanks to my G-F she bought me a life membership about 2 weeks ago.

I really think USPSA could add hundreds of life memberships just by adding a payment plan and doing a little advertising.

Well I was going to get the life membership about 2 months ago and called the main office to inform them and that's when they told me they did away with it because of the hassle, people not forfilling, etc...

SO i thought that idea was down the drain but thanks to my G-F she bought me a life membership about 2 weeks ago.

I really think USPSA could add hundreds of life memberships just by adding a payment plan and doing a little advertising.

I agree and thought it was going to be brought up in the last board meeting but didn't see anything about it.

Flyin

• 10 months later...

As a first year shooter, I debated this long and hard before I signed up for the first time. I am only 26, and highly debated the life membership. I decided to go just 1 year and save money up, but I agree, the EPL or payment plan would have made my decision a lot easier. I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thinking this!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't really think that $500 would really need a payment plan. I mean get a 1year membership then save $10 a week for that membership and then buy a Lifetime Membership. that is what i am doing this year actually.. i have a envelope that i put $40 a month in till my membership is up then i will get a lifetime. However i am gonna have to up that 1/2 through to $80 a month so that i can get Life USPSA/SCSA when my USPSA membership is ready for renewal.

I would love to see a payment plan for the life membership. Between buying components, shelling out match fees and airline tickets for major matches, its hard to just drop $500 in one crack. I'd gladly spring for a life membership broken down into smaller chunks.

I became a life member last week after being an annual member twice and a TY member once. The annuals and TY would have paid for a good portion of the life.

For those of you who talk about payment plans, why don't you setup a direct deposit for a few months (or a year) until you get the $500? Then all you have to do is pay the bill.

Guess I have to work on my NRA life membership now that I have the USPSA and local range life memberships.

My first Life Membership was with USPSA; then NRA; then NSCA. I didn't become a Life Member of these organizations to save money. Shoot, I'm not even shooting USPSA right now...

I bought Life Memberships because I think it is what you should do when you can for organizations you enjoy and support.

While I agree that a payment plan might increase the number of Lifers, it does absolutely bring a bunch of hassle with it...

Personally, I think folks should use their own "payment plan". Pay your installment to yourself until you have enough to pay in one installment. it's great practice in financial discipline. :)

The NRA has their Easy Pay Life (EPL) Plan for life membership. They require a minimum of $25 quarterly until the $1000 life membership fee is satisfied. This makes getting the "lifer" status a lot easier for those of us that cannot dish out the $1K in a single installment.

That's how I got my NRA Life membership. I would not have been able to do it otherwise. :unsure:

Until they come up with a payment plan, im going to try the "pay yourself plan". Put money into an envelope weekly/monthly until i have enough. Then spring for the life membership.

Until they come up with a payment plan, im going to try the "pay yourself plan". Put money into an envelope weekly/monthly until i have enough. Then spring for the life membership.

I am not disciplined enough for that

I would really like to see the payment plan option for Life memmbership

I would pay for a life membership on a installment plan. That is how I got my life membership with the NRA in college.

Pat

However it's done, if you're relatively young it's worth it from a member standpoint.

Frankly, I think the organization loses money on life memberships.

I'm a middle aged life member, since 1993 I think. The USPSA has had to send me front sight for 18 years for my 250 bucks, not to mention the revenue loss of annual membership fees. God willing, I will be around another 20-some years? Lets say 40 years of Front-Sight and member benefits for 250 bucks??? That is not good business... :blink: At $500.00 it's a good investment.

• 8 months later...

I got my NRA life on a payment plan, otherwise I wouldn't have ever done it. I must have also snuck in on USPSA's payment plan as that's how I got my Life through them. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't ever have done it. I would gladly do the same for IDPA but they're greedy and don't have life memberships. It's about supporting the orginizations that support us.

For the record, I am a Life Member of USPSA and NRA. I paid for both upfront. Today given the opportunity, I might choose to pay over two years. With the ease with which we use CCs to pay, I would think that an auto bill could be done so that your payments would be charged in 24 equal payments. Of course, if you want to do that, I suppose you could just charge your membership and pay it off on your card monthly.

I think that two years is long enough and either monthly or quarterly is the way to go.

Jim

Also a Life Member of both USPSA and NRA...

Paying with a credit card and paying off the card over 24 months causes you to pay a bunch of interest (carrying charges). That's just dumb...

If USPSA really wants more Life Members... and I question that path... then USPSA should offer some sort of payout mechanism... Charge a little more (3%) and you could do it EASILY with something as easy as a PayPal Subscription...

Making Life Subscriptions too easy however seems counter-intuitive to me... it kills your long-term revenue base... which unless you've run the numbers and set the Life dues aside in an endowment capable of producing the lost revenue, then you are robbing from the future...

at 64 I think not--and today if you are 25-35 most can't afford to just spend $500.00 without breaking the bank,,spending %00 on a gun is different because if you change your mind down the road you can get part of your money back,,

I forgot paragraph

Just to be on the other side.