Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flashlight Question

galt11

Surefire E1B....small powerfull and not a bother to carry everywhere. Great battery life. All my other surefires stay on the desk/night stand. I do like the fenix TK10. Great battery life dual power output. But it's a big monster compared to the E1B.

1+ on the E1B

I'm almost with Vlad on this one -- it's a freakin' great every day light. That said, I've had occasional failures to light -- which I've never had with a Surefire....

Then again, a Surefire doesn't offer six modes, 30+ hour runtime on the lowest setting or somewhere around 200 lumens on a single battery.....

I have a FirstLight Tomahawk I have carried and used for over a year now. Great light with white, red,green lights. I am able to carry it in my left front pocket just like my knife.

MC%20on%20white%20small.jpg

thawkwalkaround.jpg

Edited by PHolsted

I'm almost with Vlad on this one -- it's a freakin' great every day light. That said, I've had occasional failures to light -- which I've never had with a Surefire....

BTW, yours is the only one I've ever heard have this problem. Stop licking the battery contacts :)

For those that have it.. On the Fenix PD 20.. I may be a little dense (likely)

How does it work.. each time you push the button it gets brighter, than turns off.. or is there a single on-off, then a different button for brightness?

Thanks, Dave

For those that have it.. On the Fenix PD 20.. I may be a little dense (likely)

How does it work.. each time you push the button it gets brighter, than turns off.. or is there a single on-off, then a different button for brightness?

Thanks, Dave

It has a single on/off on the tailcap and you rotate the front half of the body to change between general and turbo. You can press the tailcap, without making it click, and that will change the intensity within general. It also has a strobe function in turbo, also selected by pressing the tailcap without a click...pretty cool. R,

Edited by G-ManBart

The PD20 in general mode (at the lowest -- initial -- setting) is gentle enough to let me check patient's pupils. At the highest it's pretty bright. Need more light? Turbo provides it.

It's throw is pretty good too -- though a larger diameter Surefire Turbo head on some models will beat it. But then you're not dropping a turbo head equipped surefire in the change pocket of your jeans.....

If I could only have one type of light -- PD20.....

The PD20 in general mode (at the lowest -- initial -- setting) is gentle enough to let me check patient's pupils. At the highest it's pretty bright. Need more light? Turbo provides it.

It's throw is pretty good too -- though a larger diameter Surefire Turbo head on some models will beat it. But then you're not dropping a turbo head equipped surefire in the change pocket of your jeans.....

If I could only have one type of light -- PD20.....

That's funny, I keep mine handy for getting stuff out of my eyes. On the lowest setting it is almost the perfect amount of light for that. Enough that I can see the little clear fuzzy that's driving me crazy, but not blinding me in the process. R,

It has a single on/off on the tailcap and you rotate the front half of the body to change between general and turbo. You can press the tailcap, without making it click, and that will change the intensity within general. It also has a strobe function in turbo, also selected by pressing the tailcap without a click...pretty cool. R,

Perfect.. thanks Gman