Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Concealed Carry at a sporting event.

ajg308

From the Homestead Miami Speedway website's Ticket FAQ:

4. What items am I allowed to bring into Homestead-Miami Speedway?

The following items are allowed into the event:

- One (1) soft-sided bag/cooler per person, no larger than 6"x 6"x 12" inches. This rule will be strictly enforced!

- One (1) clear plastic souvenir bag per person, no larger than 18 x 18 x 4 inches. (Not allowed to contain ice. Please keep ice in cooler.)

- Cameras and video cameras are allowed on race days.

- NO strollers, chairs, wagons, bicycles, roller blades, skateboards, pets (unless legally registered aid pets), umbrellas, large back-packs, large bags and/or large

camera bags will be allowed through the admission gates. (Bags must be smaller than 6 x 6 x 12).

- NO ice, other than ice contained in a soft-sided cooler, will be allowed through the admission gates.

- NO glass containers/bottles of any kind are allowed.

ALL ITEMS BROUGHT THROUGH THE ADMISSION GATES ARE SUBJECT TO INSPECTION BY SECURITY OFFICIALS.

No items may be left in or around the gate area. Abandoned items will be disposed of. To expedite entrance into the facility, guests are encouraged to arrive at the gates as early as possible. (Admission policy subject to change without notice)

I found that track's website via the event calendar on nascar.com.....

The eighth bullet under the "Off Limits" section in the .pdf file above is the answer to your question. Despite a permit, concealed firearms are not permissible at high school, college or professional sporting events that are not related to firearms.

Edited by XD Niner

The eighth bullet under the "Off Limits" section in the .pdf file above is the answer to your question. Despite a permit, concealed firearms are not permissible at high school, college or professional sporting events that are not related to firearms.

Correct. No need to consult an attorney.

The eighth bullet actually says "athletic event". Are Nascar drivers athletes? :surprise::roflol:

The eighth bullet actually says "athletic event". Are Nascar drivers athletes? :surprise::roflol:

:cheers:

It's a "public gathering or event" which makes it off limits. I've gotten in the habit of avoiding places that I thought I needed to carry to be safe. I still carry, but I try not to go into places I "need" to carry, and I certainly don't take my family to those places. I guess I'm trying to say, if I'm going to feel vulnerable without a weapon, I don't need to be there.