Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ben Stoeger's 15 minute Dry Fire Program

Pittbug

i think my all time favorite one to practice is that simple 2 shots freestyle/ reload / 2 shots stronghand/ reload/ 2 shots weakhand

then you can do it in reverse where you start by drawing to weakhand and ending freestyle

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just copied all this information into a word document so i can print it off and have it handy, separate sheets for each setup for the different days. Looking forward to getting started on some winter training (I hate living in Northern IN this time of year)

Bravo to Pittbug and Ben. Thanks for making this and puting in the time for others to benefit. I like it and put it on pdf in booklet form (like a match booklet). I like charts, so I put a graph in mine.

Ben\'s full dry fire program.pdf

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a total noob question but how do you get the click each time you pull the trigger? Don't you have to recock to get another trigger click?

Also, is there a poor man's timer or something?

Thanks!

I have the same question as Noob Jason. I think it would be good practice to rack the slide between each shot, but is that how the drills are done?

I was finally able to watch the videos. Youtube is blocked at my work. It appears that he gets a hammer drop on his first trigger pull and just keeps pulling the trigger for subsequent shots but doesn't get the full pull with a hammer drop or striker fall.

Lots of great drills. I can't tell which is more difficult to parse through.....the written instructions or the video. The video is edited very well and moves quickly. Nice job and kudos/thanks for posting that stuff up for free.

• 2 weeks later...

So now I have ANOTHER noob question. How does he get his timer to stop when doing these drills? I'm shopping for timers/putting one on the Christmas list. Are they sensitive enough to hear the click of the hammer or the striker mechanism? And if they are, do you not drop the hammer until your last "shot" during these drills so you can get an more relevant time?

So now I have ANOTHER noob question. How does he get his timer to stop when doing these drills? I'm shopping for timers/putting one on the Christmas list. Are they sensitive enough to hear the click of the hammer or the striker mechanism? And if they are, do you not drop the hammer until your last "shot" during these drills so you can get an more relevant time?

most good timers have a "par time" feature. You can set it to beep to start then after X.XX seconds, itll beep again. the idea is to have drills completed by the 2nd beep. slowly you starting making the time between beeps smaller and small as you get better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Semi serious question. What do I do if I can't beat any of the par times listed as novice?

Do what you can and document it. Improvement is what you are looking for.... don't get caught up with reaching Ben's times just yet.

• 11 months later...

I know I'm reviving a dead post, but this is great. I think these drills will help!

I'm confused though about 1/3 targets and relative distance to targets, though. I found a thread that calculated what size targets represent distance from target, and so on, but I'm concerned I won't set up at the right distance.

Thoughts?

Google 1/3 scale USPSA target. Print one off. Adjust printer scale until it is 6" wide (or true 1/3 scale). Copy a bunch. Now, use them at 1/3 the distance; if the drill says 7 yards, set it at 7 feet.

Google 1/3 scale USPSA target. Print one off. Adjust printer scale until it is 6" wide (or true 1/3 scale). Copy a bunch. Now, use them at 1/3 the distance; if the drill says 7 yards, set it at 7 feet.

This information is SO GOOD. Thanks for the help. I tried this yesterday, but really hosed it up.

AAHHHH (lightbulb went off). 1/3 scale target. 7yards=21 feet. 21feet/7feet. 3/1. Okay.

Thanks guys!

• 1 month later...

i think my all time favorite one to practice is that simple 2 shots freestyle/ reload / 2 shots stronghand/ reload/ 2 shots weakhand

then you can do it in reverse where you start by drawing to weakhand and ending freestyle

I have thought about this and wondered if any course of fire goes that way.

I like the draw empty and load and take two shots. Similar mentality to a table draw I had yesterday.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...