Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ESR questions

bierman

With all this talk of revolver RWR, I decided that it was a good thing to practice yesterday at the weekly Sunday practice session.

Good Evening,

I was inspired to do the same thing on Saturday at the Phillipsburg IDPA match. It was one of my stages. Start in a dark room arms length from two threats with a non-threat covering both. On the start, engage in tac sequence while retreating through the open doorway. Then there were two targets to "pie" on a left corner and three targets to "pie" on a right corner on the other side of the doorway.

So, I did a tac reload when at the left corner and again before moving to the right corner. I did the "whole mess" into my pocket for the first and did drop the live rounds, eject the rest on my second tac reload. It worked out pretty well. Josh L just reloaded when empty (after the first left corner target and after the second right corner target) and was about 3 seconds faster.

Of course Josh may have been faster even if I was using an eight shot (I know, not legal for IDPA) revolver!

Ken

As I earlier posted, I am not against having to retain unspent ammunition, but I have never had to in the past. Likely it was because, as you mentioned, that the RWR was after 6 shots had been fired. Thus there was no need to retain anything as a revolver shooter.

After thinking about it, I don't plan to put much time into practicing retaining unspent rounds. I will deal with the situation if it arises at a match. :mellow:

Edited by Duane Thomas

Looks like revolver might grow!!!! To borrow a line from Mr. Buckland (I hope with his approval) Viva le REVOlution !!!

To borrow another of Craig's sayings: "Free yourself from the tyranny of reciprocation!"