Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The americans have USPSA and then everyone else has IPSC....

Field

Basically we're still part of IPSC, but clubs have the option of hosting IPSC matches under IPSC rules or USPSA matches under USPSA rules.....

This is very interesting. I didn't understand why there were two organizations and why the rules were different.

Providing their laws allow it, can other countries host USPSA matches under USPSA rules?

Probably not --- unless they were willing to write an essentially identical rulebook for the Orkmenistan Practical Shooting Association to use for their matches in their country....

nofficially they could probably do whatever they want; officially I'm pretty sure the USPSA rulebook is the intellectual property of USPSA....

You could ask about IDPA...Steel Challenge...NRA Action Pistol...or any of a number of non-affiliated matches that are shooting at a range near you.

Why have a Coke and a Pepsi...let alone Dr. Pepper?

And yes we can pretend that the moderators never stir the pot. :roflol:

Huh?

It was actually an attempt to point out that there are lots of shooting choices for the customers here in the States...in a hope to "un-stir" the pot.

If you saw that as pot stirring, then I didn't communicate it well...or you read it funny. :)

I believe a few clubs in Ontario and perhaps other provinces have entertained the idea of holding USPSA matches, mostly to get members who shoot in the US classified.

The subject came up at the IPSC Ontario (almost)AGM, an as I recall, since it's not IPSC, IPSC Ontario don't see it as a problem. I don't know what USPSA has to say about that.

Basically we're still part of IPSC, but clubs have the option of hosting IPSC matches under IPSC rules or USPSA matches under USPSA rules.....

This is very interesting. I didn't understand why there were two organizations and why the rules were different.

Providing their laws allow it, can other countries host USPSA matches under USPSA rules?

Probably not --- unless they were willing to write an essentially identical rulebook for the Orkmenistan Practical Shooting Association to use for their matches in their country....

nofficially they could probably do whatever they want; officially I'm pretty sure the USPSA rulebook is the intellectual property of USPSA....

But isn't it all the same if the money was going to Sedro for the classifiers and such? Same rules, same guns, same game? Just wondering... :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...
huh. ok i didnt do my homework i guess....but then you could still ask the same question...just in reverse

Alot of it comes down to us having the 2nd amendment. Nobody else has access to guns like we do in the US. They create rules and feel the sport should go a certain way because of the limited access to guns in other countries. The targets are a perfect example. The Ipsc target was created so that Ipsc wouldn't seem like it was a sport to train people on how to shoot or kill other people. To make it more polictically correct. I don't blame them, those trying to change the rules to help make sure they can keep shooting the sport. We all know how much fun it is. They are just trying to make sure they keep shooting but sometimes in trying to keep accidents and things from happening that would make Ipsc come into question on whether a country would allow its citizens to keep shooting it there are rules and decisions that make zero sense to us here in US and seem to be way overboard.

I personally would like to see Uspsa and Ipsc work it out but I just don't see how thats possible. There are too many countries that want all all firearms banned with no recreational shooting. I think Ipsc is just trying to survive and has its own agenda which is different than ours.

Flyin

have to disagree here. while i am not familier with the laws in each of the states i can say that there are many countries out there where it is quite easy to access guns. maybe not as easy as in the us but still

as for austria

full auto is illegal

anything above oal of 65cm can be bought at 18. just go to the shop and buy them (some exeption see below)

below 65cm you need to be 21 have no convictions and apply for a permit. you will need to do a psychological test but thats it. if you want to carry you need a carrying permit which you get if you can proofe need.

some above 65 fall into the 21 permit range too. mainly half automtic assault rifles and so on

so maybe little bid more paperwork but anyone who has no conviction and is no lunatic can get a gun

In a different life in a time long ago I belonged to an organization that was essentially a US org although there were some groups in other countries that were similar. What the US group had was an "Area" for clubs based outside the US. Think of Area 9, all non-US based clubs could be members and have 'Sections' and use the USPSA rulebook, pay fees same as any US based club. Why not???

Jim

IMHO the differences between IPSC and USPSA is a lot smaller than what most believe.

IPSC shoot non "humanoid" targets.

Out Production gun or PD only allows us minor changes to the gun and only 15 rounds per mag at the beep. Your "Barney" mag may have 16 at LAMR.

Indeed sandals and "hat cams" are frowned upon, but only from a safety angle. As RO I am NOT going to allow a guy to run dowm my clubs Bush lane in a pair of "slip-slops".

In SA, as a PC thing, we may not wear cammos on the range.

Some countries got exemption from some of the rules because of local legislation. At the end the differenses as pretty small and the similarities big.

The "anti`s" are good in creating an us and them mentality in our sport. They have always used the divide and conquer thing on us and, up to now, it just keeps on working. Shooters are a lot like South Africans, if you have five in a room you will have 3 political parties. We all like to do our "own thing" and to hell with the rest. Meanwhile the anti`s are duping stupid politicians onto taking away more and more guns. I am just worried that one day we wake up to find that only criminls may own guns, worldwide.