Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pictures of the new Straight Trigger

sinnsyk

We could definitely skeletonize it and you could do that yourself as well. We could also put drilled and tapped holes in them if anyone wants to add a spacer. But the plan is to make a length adjuster which is why I thought it wouldn't be necessary. Feel free to mod to your hearts content.

I shipped out several triggers today so you should have them early next week. We are working on some install videos right now just so that you have a little more info when you work on them. It's pretty easy, but they are tight fit so there is no knowing what kind of minor challenges you may encounter. I'm trying to cover it in a simple way.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Henning I bit and just ordered one. With the work involved in design and build that is a very reasonable price offering. If it doesn't fit me I won't feel guilty about getting in there and modding it. I have a match Sat that I won't get a chance to use it in but with the next being mid December here in Vt the extra room in the trigger guard will give me a little more "wiggle" room!!! Thanks again Henning....

Ditto for me. Just ordered...

Thanks!

Wow - great design Henning!

Would it be too much work/overhead/etc to make the same thing in a long version? My only hesitation about ordering now is about going back and forth to my Single Stack with the long flat SV trigger. I love the minimalist appearance of your trigger and think an adjustable version may detract from that, along with my 'less parts = better' philosophy...

Another idea may be to make a 'gunsmith blank' version for us to bastardize :D

Dave

I will make an adjustable one, so probably better off waiting.. I'm hoping to get on this adjustable trigger project at the end of December. I'm leaving for Phoenix (Area 2) on Wednesday next week, back for a few weeks and then off to Norway for a week. My brother's expecting a baby so I'm heading over to be with them. When I'm back on Dec 8th or so I'll be cranking on new products until Shot Show.. I really want a length adjustable one and as long as we can get it the way we envision it, it'll be beyond your dreams.

Put in my order a couple of minutes ago. I was sold the minute I got to "partially the reason why I ended up with a bullet hole in my foot ten years ago" on the new webpage. :-)

http://henningshootsguns.com/pages/2009_triggersystem.html

Now I just need to wait for Henning to complete his rear sight so that I can replace the crappy rear sight on my 2009 Witness Match.

holy crap I need a Standard or Open gun to stick that in!!! that's sexy as hell dude.

+1,..I sold off my STI Edge .40 when I started using the stock2 for production. I figured the Limited Custom used a lot of the sameparts, and I use one holster, one mag pouch set up. In the long run, it actually evened out after I sold my Edge,....I had enough left over to buy all the Customparts for my Limited and extra mags.

My friend Thomas is visiting from Norway. He's pretty crafty at video-editing so we filmed me while I installed the trigger on my Open Gold Team. It'll be a total of 8 separate clips so you can download and view. That will help you to see how I go about to put it in my gun. It's all pretty self-explanatory, but it doesn't hurt to see someone do it first. It also shows a few things that you may encounter. Some of you are pretty savvy and can figure everything out on your own. Some are a little hesitant to tackle these things. I know that I personally am horrible with reading instructions being too impatient. But watching a video I can deal with so figured I'd try to help those of you in the same shoes as myself.

My friend Thomas is visiting from Norway. He's pretty crafty at video-editing so we filmed me while I installed the trigger on my Open Gold Team. It'll be a total of 8 separate clips so you can download and view. That will help you to see how I go about to put it in my gun. It's all pretty self-explanatory, but it doesn't hurt to see someone do it first. It also shows a few things that you may encounter. Some of you are pretty savvy and can figure everything out on your own. Some are a little hesitant to tackle these things. I know that I personally am horrible with reading instructions being too impatient. But watching a video I can deal with so figured I'd try to help those of you in the same shoes as myself.

Will you put the video clips in the tech section?

Really looking forward to another Henning upgrade on my gun - those upgrades are addictive... ;-)

Got my trigger this morning, great piece of work Henning, can't wait to try it out.

For those that have not dealt with Henning before I give you this: I ordered this trigger on Friday evening 5pm, was notified that it was being shipped an hour later and received the trigger in my mail this morning with just standard shipping charges!!! I've dealt with a lot of different big and small name suppliers for several different makes of guns and have never seen this quality of service. I have several hundreds of dollars spread over 6 different orders with Hennings shop and all have been the same experience. In one case I got a call from Henning confirming that my order would be correct so I would not be disappointed when the order was received. To add to that you get a nice personal handwritten note from Emma thank you for your order!! This is the way business is supposed to be done and how EAA should be doing it. I've never met these people but feel that if I walked up to Henning at a match and introduced myself it would be like talking with someone I know. I wear a Hennings shirt at my local matches with pride, although I represent it poorly with my performance!!!

Thanks for the service to this point and for the goodies I'll continue to purchase in the future. :cheers:

Rod.

Been a busy day today. We've shipped a lot of triggers. We're now working on getting the videos out. One note that is in the video and one shooter already encountered. The trigger pin nut may need to be fitted to your frame. The frame's vary so you may need to take a file to fit it into the cut-out. I had the nuts probably made slightly too big, but I tried to get them so they would fill the hole as much as possible and also be able to use the side flats to hold it while you screw the pin into it. It's very easy to do and you may need to round the two edges to slip it into the frame cut-out.

do you have an auto press running in the background of your video? or someone reloading? cuz it sure sounds like it.

god I'm thinking of ordering one of these triggers and I don't even have a gun to put it in. arrrgggg.

do you have an auto press running in the background of your video? or someone reloading? cuz it sure sounds like it.

god I'm thinking of ordering one of these triggers and I don't even have a gun to put it in. arrrgggg.

Henning only makes guests reload. :)

leo

We had to shoot the videos while working so you might hear Emma on the phone or packing orders etc. We had a phone come in during #3, but I stopped so we cut that part.

Yeah, I don't reload anymore. I've got 3 presses sitting in the garage and I make sure my guests load both theirs and my ammo, he he.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Stock II and I can give it a go to see what happens. It's strictly a single action trigger, but I have of course toyed with the idea of making DA trigger based on a similar design. I'll put it in my DA and see what happens. I'm hoping only have to change to a slight curve to make it work. It's going to depend on if the spring system I am using will allow enough movement. If it's only in the lever I can design something functional. If you wanted to use your Stock II as SA only of course it would work as is.