Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pictures of the new Straight Trigger

sinnsyk

The trigger itself is made from 416 stainless steel and hardened to Rockwell 37. As you can see from the pictures, it's got a boss where the trigger pin holds it into the frame. This allows the trigger to pivot on a smaller surface, hence reducing friction. The trigger pin hole is 0.0995" and the pin is 0.0990" allowing just enough room to keep the trigger pivoting tight in the frame without having friction. From the front you can see the pre-travel screw which is a custom-made screw that now meets the frame on a larger surface than what the factory does. This will ensure an easy way to adjust the pre-travel as you don't have to worry about it meeting the frame in any particular point. The screw is made from 303 stainless.

post-3780-1257474081_thumb.jpg

The trigger as it sits in the frame. I have the pre-travel adjusted to about a 0.020" pre-travel movement (all depends how you try to measure it). It feels like almost no pre-travel at all and as the trigger resets it goes right back ready to fire. You can see the new solid trigger pin sitting in the frame. It uses a T10 Torx head which is the same as my grip screws.

post-3780-1257474131_thumb.jpg

Here is inside the frame and you can see how you adjust the over-travel. The overtravel is now moved to inside the trigger/frame. I did this to clean up the look of the trigger and it is also where the new trigger spring is kept in place. The over-travel screw and the trigger spring sits in the same position. Which makes it really easy to take the trigger in and out as the spring can be made sure to stay in place by just putting a little oil in the spring hole which is enough to grab the spring while inserting it into the frame.

post-3780-1257474195_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately this picture got a little blurry, but it shows all the parts of the kit; the trigger, the trigger return spring, the trigger pin & nut, the pre-travel screw and the over-travel set screw.

post-3780-1257474263_thumb.jpg

The back side of the trigger also shows the boss. The trigger itself is 0.250" wide whereas the boss is about 0.335" which makes it sit tight in the frame.

post-3780-1257474320_thumb.jpg

The trigger again in the frame. I haven't been able to source a 0.250" long roll pin to hold the trigger to the trigger bar. So what you do is use your existing trigger bar pin and shorten it to 0.250 - 0.260" so it doesn't stick outside. My trigger is narrower than the factory for one reason; so that it will not stick outside the trigger guard.

post-3780-1257474341_thumb.jpg

post-3780-1257474161_thumb.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working on an article and I hope to have them available in the webshop tomorrow. Now I've got to head to Denver Airport to pick up Thomas. He's ready for a beer so we're over and out for the evening.. Enjoy the pictures. Hope they are what you all were waiting for..

Excellent, Looks fantastic Henning, easy to see alot of design input, R & D and

some late nights in that puppy.

Much better styling than the other 2 straight triggers back in the early 90s.

Easy to see it will have precisian perfomance to match its hi-tech appearance.

Really compliments the euro style frame.

The factory will sell more Tanfoglio's once this gets out there, hope your getting

a nice kick-back!!!

Well Done

Lee

Edited by Floydian

Looks like it will help out the small hand/short finger guy's out. I'll have to try one out to determine how it feels to us large hand long fingered clan. I like the idea of not having to drive that damn trigger pin out / in for service!!!!

Hey

I just uploaded an article where you can also buy it. I am offering it at a special introduction price for a short while then it'll get up to the real price. So if you want one, get on it. I know there's a lot of guys on BE that's been waiting on this trigger so I want to offer it at a good deal for you guys who has been following this thread.

Henning New Flat Trigger Article

Edited by sinnsyk

Regarding trigger length / hands etc. I use size 10 gloves which means I doesn't have small hands. For some reason the trigger feels good and seem to fit a variety of hands. It's a lot shorter than the old, but with no pre-travel and running on rails it's amazing the more control it gives me. Getting this trigger released was a big undertaking, but it was worth it.

Wonderful! Amazing! That looks REALLY hi-fi! I will have to check this one out, altough I'd prefer to have the trigger maybe a bit further away, as I wear size 11 gloves. I get cramps in my finger if the trigger is as close as it is in SVI/STI. :)

Edit: To me, that looks as racy as it gets. :cheers:

Edited by askomiko

I have plans to make a fully length adjustable trigger soon. I've got some pretty cool plans for it. But after shooting this trigger it's not as pressing as I really like it how it feels. If you want this trigger longer you could also add some material to it in the front. Probably would work to glue some delrin onto it and cut to fit. Won't look as sharp, but it'll work. This version was originally meant to be length adjustable, but we came up with a different idea for adjusting length so we didn't want to do it to this one.

If you want something longer; Because the trigger is flat then you could drill a couple of holes (one above the other) uses some spacers to attach to a flat piece of metal to have a skeletonised longer trigger. Different length spacers could be used to achieve the desired result.

I have long fingers so I may have to do that, or I may just try a short one and see if it works for me as-is.

Edited by BritinUSA

The idea Paul is outlining is what we originally were going to do for length adjustment, but we've got a much cooler idea in the works. For those who want the trigger now and later realize you want it later you could do what Paul says. It's hard to say how long it'll take to get the adjustable one made. It's a little bit complicated, but very doable.

Hey Edwin

if you don't think it looks racy, then please tell me what you consider to be racy.

I was thinkin more like a skeletonized trigger with half breed,

kind of like a stealth wing looking trigger..dont know for sure but hope you

get an idea. Sorry, don't mean to talk bad about your design. I just think

that it could be more aggressive looking.This is just my opinion and I know that it looks racy to others.

I still want one and I know I will customize

it to my satisfaction! main thing is that it will sell and I want one.

SB

Edited by shooterbenedetto

Ok Henning I bit and just ordered one. With the work involved in design and build that is a very reasonable price offering. If it doesn't fit me I won't feel guilty about getting in there and modding it. I have a match Sat that I won't get a chance to use it in but with the next being mid December here in Vt the extra room in the trigger guard will give me a little more "wiggle" room!!! Thanks again Henning....