Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HP infrared printer

joelaz

For those of you interested in getting an HP Infrared printer (HP 82240B) for use with PACT timers, etc, it is listed as available at the Midway USA website, and also in the Midway catalog.

The product # is 243-808.  I got mine in the mail today...

• 1 year later...

WHAAAAHHHoooooO!!!! :lol:

I just got my HP 82240A printer in the mail. I got it on EBAY. WOW! Battery powered freedom from pencil and paper. I don't know if the other timers/chronos can use these printers, but this is definitely a great argument for buying a PACT MKIV. No wires from the MKIV to the printer either! Totally portable. :wub:

Thanks, I frequently get that question when someone is ordering a MKIV.

But, I searched Midway's site with "243-808", HP, 82240B, and couldn't find it anywhere. Nor did I see it in the Timer section. Is it hidden somewhere?

be

My Question is... Where can you find the thermal paper for one of these lil printers? I bought mine about a year back and well, I have no idea where to get the thermal paper for it. I asked a friend and he said "That's like asking for 5 1/4" floppy disks, I have no idea!". :unsure:

Vince

What are you paying for them?

I got my 82240A along with 6 rolls of thermal paper on EBAY for US$45.00. The HP part number for the thermal paper is 82175A. I googled that part number and it looks like there are some sources for it left. I called a couple in California and they are searching for this paper and possible alternates for me. It looks like our friends down under might have easier access to this. A lot of the sources had .au at the end. If I find a place that has this paper or in stock or an alternative I'll post it.

P.S. if you don't have a printer already, Brian posted an alternative here. I don't know if anyone has tried it out yet though.

Tom,

I've had good luck buying HP calculator stuff at the HP museum classifieds.

$200 is a complete ripoff. They were only $120 list new.

If anyone is even halfway serious about buying an old HP printer, the time to do it is now. The printers were never popular and are still a good deal used. Now that HP is exiting the calculator biz, the prices for everything are skyrocketing, thanks to Ebay bidding hysteria. People are demanding absolutely crazy prices....and getting them. An HP41CV/CX now sells for nearly double of its price new.

I used to see the HP printers for sale in the $40 range all day long. Obviously, that ain't gonna last.

• 2 months later...

Thanks short_round for the idea. Got my printer on eBay, with AC adapter, 1 roll pf paper: $33...,

Where can you find the thermal paper for one of these lil printers?

I finally found some... 9 rolls, $10... that's quite a few chrono sessions

http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Browse/Sku....pe=1&Sku=472872

although Office Depot also has it in NCR brand for the same price...