Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Some stages I'm drawing for a local match

spanky

Also, what constitutes a "location?"

Is one side of a barrier not a different "location" from another? Are we talking foot position or shooting position?

The most straightforward reading of the rule book, which is most often the correct one ;), would imply that either side of the barricade is certainly a different "view" but from the same shooting "location" (box). You would not necessarily have to to even move your feet, just bend from the waist and stretch. It would be really difficult to make a case for it as two different shooting locations, IMO. Now if your shooting box was big enough, and the target placement was positioned to require some movement from one edge of the box to the other, that would be a different case.

Curtis

Since the requirement is location OR view, I think using both sides of the barricade satisfies the rule (unless all targets can be engaged from one side or the other).

Using a barricade and blocking with no-shoots or barrels would be easier than establishing two physical locations, that's for sure.

Since the requirement is location OR view, I think using both sides of the barricade satisfies the rule (unless all targets can be engaged from one side or the other).

The rule is satisfied even if all targets can be engaged from one side. It'll still be easier to engage them all using both sides, right? A less awkward shooting position.....

Now if the targets are bunched or centered to favor one side, or to favor shooting them all around one side only, then you start to run into trouble....

The way it's worded, as long as at least one target cannot be seen from one single view that makes it legal, correct?

That would appear to be the way to do it—in effect, compelling movement/position change of some sort to acquire that target.

Curtis

The rule is satisfied even if all targets can be engaged from one side. It'll still be easier to engage them all using both sides, right? A less awkward shooting position.....

Now if the targets are bunched or centered to favor one side, or to favor shooting them all around one side only, then you start to run into trouble....

I was referring to the common language found in both 1.2.1.2 and 1.2.1.3:

Course design and construction must not require more than 8 scoring hits from any single location or view, nor allow a competitor to shoot all targets in the course of fire from any single location or view.