Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

silicone oil for propane

kevin c

I asked this on the aaps forum, but it died before I got back to check any answer.

I'm told to use one drop of oil into the side port of the propane adapter valve for every six refills. That's clear enough for one magazine, but what if you have six?

Does the one drop get into the mag, bit by bit on each of the six fills, or does it go into the one mag on the first fill and last for the next five dry refills? If the first, I only need to add more oil to the side port every six fills, regardless of which mag I usel, and each mag will always get a bit of oil with each fill. If the second, I need to put a drop in for the first of six refills for each of the six magazines, and keep track of when each mag will run dry after six charges.

Anybody know? :unsure:

Kevin,

I am unsure but have thought about this too. I use a minimum of 4 mags (so they don't get to cold) when training with any of my airsoft pistols. Yes, I think the oil is for the pistol and it gets there from that first filled magazine. But there are also the valves and rubber on/in the magazine itself that need to get care and the oil. So it don't need to worry about which was the first mag, I just perform regular oiling of the mag valve and rubber of the other magazines. I use a little brush for the rubber on the top of the mag and put a drop on the valve (empty of gas) and depress it a few times.

See you at Area II next week.

Duane Thomas has an article on Self-Defense Airsoft Traning in an issue of Shooting Times Personal Defense magazine. I won't quote what he had to say because he will probably jump in here soon and the magazine has a lot of other good articles.