Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ rant - 1/3 have ejection problems out of the box

Morgan

I did notice the original edge on the breech face was pretty "sharp", and I could imagine it being able to pull the next cartridge forward by friction along the top of the case as it chambered the intended round. And the short OAL length round nose UMC seems that it might be shaped such that it would advance forward more easily. All guesswork and speculation on my part, as I'm not a gunsmith and don't play one on the internet

This is discussed often on the CZForum. The conclusion is that the sharp edge drags the next round slightly forward. eerw is an expert on this subject.

I've bevelled and polished mine and haven't had the problem. Some put heavier mag springs in, but I don't know if that's a fix or not.

When new, my 75B would't extract aluminum 9mm 1 out of 10 or more. I put in an XP extractor spring and shot one box of 50 aluminum with no problems. I've never used alumimnum cases again. Other than that, it shot everything I fed it in bulk ammo.

Some time back, there was a lot of criticism by shooters about some CZ springs' extractor and trigger especially. They now have a beefed up trigger spring and pin at the CZ Custom shop. Wolff sells a lot of XP extractor springs.

On the other hand, my son's new Shadow with the Custom Shop competition hammer, shoots like a dream. He's been using several types of bulk fmjrn ammo and my 128pf reloads, and it's never stuttered.