Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Postal

grizzlywon

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question. In stage 1 - Table Games , were we supposed to sit down the whole time? or can we stand after the buzzer goes off?

here's a video of my squad running through Table Games at our local IDPA match last weekend :

And videos for the other Postal stages :

- DEA combat course :

- Brain Fade :

- Bangin in the Hood :

Wow. Your Table Games isn't set up correctly and that made it harder for you. Most every measurement is marked in feet, but on Table Games the distance from the center line is ONE YARD for T1 and T3. Having just set it up at my club this morning, it looks in your video quite like you set them up only one foot from the center line. There's no way T1 should be that close to the no shoot.

A lot of forums have members posting their times, they are having a lot of fun with it. I think it is pretty cool IMO.

Ted

So...anyone that has shot this, care to post your division, class and times?

Here you are. I had a HNT. So much for defending my first place effort from last year. Drats.

CDP Expert.

Stage 1: 19.73 (2 pd)

Stage 2: 11.65 (1 pd)

Stage 3: 19.00 (4 pd 1 HNT)

Stage 4: 4.76 (0 pd)

Total: 55.14

ESP EX 49.87 (5)

Stage 1 - 22.46(3)

Stage 2 - 10.84(0)

Stage 3 - 11.62(2)

Stage 4 - 4.95(0)

Would have been about 4 seconds better if I didn't brain fart and could have found my pocket on the tac reload in stage 1.

SSP SS 87.23 (22)

Stage 1 - 28.71(15) 1 NS

Stage 2 - 26.86(5) 2 gun "malfunctions" LOL

Stage 3 - 25.95(2) 1 PE

Stage 4 - 5.71(0)

Yeah, ummmmm, I had some "issues" with this shoot. :sick:

Yeh, I was called a sand bagging sharp shooter. I hand one failure to fire (super light primer strike) and more than a hand full of rounds than landed out of the -0 area, less powder in those than I thought. I am trying to get reclassified.

58.86 total- 22.87(0) 12.23(3) 18.60(3) 5.16(1) - ESP SS

62 and change- SSP SS

I shot the same gun (stock Glock 34) for both, two weeks apart. I can't remember my points down or individual scores for my SSP run.

Edited by WellArmedSheep

Shot it this last Saturday. Here is the video of me shooting it in ESP

ESP SS

1) 31.99 (12)

2) 16.58 (8)

3) 20.32 (6.5)

4) 6.6 (2)

Total 75.49 (28.5)

Not classified in CDP but shot it so I had to shot CDP in SS class

CDP SS

1) 30.23 (7.5)

2) 13.95 (3)

3) 30.93 (11)

4) 7.33 (1.5)

Total=82.44 (23)

Edited by Victor R

Unsolicited critique.

St 1: Why did you stay seated at the card table when both the draw and RWR is required? Did you do it both times? Appears that you dropped empty mag in upper vest/chest pocket?

Stage 3: Believe that you wasted time standing still & reaching for gun while facing uprange when you could be either getting behind the cover OR turning.

St 4: I think you are moving backward too fast for GAME purposes. I do the same thing, but am working not to.

I need to have someone video me and put mine up for dissection. I'm kinda dreading it...;)

Cheers,

ben

Victor

Thanks for posting the video. It's interesting to see it shot at different clubs. I have to tell you that in the video I see you stow the magazine at the Table stage in your upper vest pocket, this is a procedural. Here is the clip from the rule book.

Proper Magazine Retention: A place for a partially loaded magazine to be stowed before firing the first shot after a reload.These places include: pants pocket; vest pocket; jacket pocket; waistband; magazine pouch. The use of specially designed pockets, shirt pockets, upper vest pockets, hands or teeth is NOT permitted.

On the DEA stage it looks like you shot the targets on the right side of the barracade out of order. It looks like you shot them from the inside out instead of slicing the pie. On your turn and draw on the same stage it looks like you may have done your draw before compleating your turn but it's had to tell in the video.

Yes I got a procedural. I didn't read the rule book. DOH!!!. I've only been shooting IDPA for 7 months and have alot to learn so I dont mind the comments on how I shoot, it help's me learn what I need to work on which is alot. Ben B I sat the first time and stood the second time. Wish I had shot CDP first as I'm not classified in and learned from my mistakes.

We shot it this weekend, had a blast. Any revolver shooters care to share their scores? This was my first postal match, can't wait to see the results. I shot SSR Master.

Stage 1: I blew the reload, and earned a PE for knocking a speed loader of my belt.

23.18 - 2 down - 1PE

Stage 2: 8.37 - 2 down

Stage 3: 16.75 - 6 down

Stage 4: 6.37 - 0 down

Total 62.67

A lot of forums have members posting their times, they are having a lot of fun with it. I think it is pretty cool IMO.

Ted

Here you are. I had a HNT. So much for defending my first place effort from last year. Drats.

CDP Expert.

I really enjoyed my "do over" opportunity today thanks to the postal match multiple division rule.

ESP Expert

Stage 1: 18.82 (0 pd)

Stage 2: 8.61 (0 pd)

Stage 3: 13.36 (1 pd)

Stage 4: 5.26 (1 pd)

Total: 46.05

Check it out. My raw time on stage 4 two weeks apart were exactly the same 4.76, unfortunately today I pulled the last shot low. :( I'll take it though. :P

Ted

CDP Expert.

I really enjoyed my "do over" opportunity today thanks to the postal match multiple division rule.

ESP Expert

Stage 1: 18.82 (0 pd)

Stage 2: 8.61 (0 pd)

Stage 3: 13.36 (1 pd)

Stage 4: 5.26 (1 pd)

Total: 46.05

Check it out. My raw time on stage 4 two weeks apart were exactly the same 4.76, unfortunately today I pulled the last shot low. :( I'll take it though. :P

:cheers: Good job, Steve.

I shoot it in 3 Divisons Master class. Did ok in SSP and CDP and loss my mind when I shot ESP by haveing 2 misses

SSP CDP ESP

1. 18.48 (1) 17.04 (0) 21.53 (5)

2. 6.50 (0) 8.80 (0) 7.73 (1)

3. 11.84 (3) 14.83 (1) 15.48 (6)

4. 5.26 (0) 5.32 (0) 4.69 (0)

Total 42.08 (4) 45.99 (1) 49.43 (12)

Edited by Theo Carter

• 2 weeks later...

I did fairly well as an EX, ESP shooter. I think the Postal match is a great idea. Great for the IDPA shooting community. I intend to start shooting ESR regularly at our local IDPA matches. The Postal match gives me a chance to compete against lots more revolver shooters.

I like that. I wish it happened more often.

RK