Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou Bullets

Mark K

FYI, I received my 40 S&W bullets from Donnie today and I was able to load them to 1.20" without seeing the grease ring. I look forward to trying these this weekend!

How did it go? I ordered another case of the 40 200g RN today; I love the dang things!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FYI, I received my 40 S&W bullets from Donnie today and I was able to load them to 1.20" without seeing the grease ring. I look forward to trying these this weekend!

How did it go? I ordered another case of the 40 200g RN today; I love the dang things!

I haven't had a chance to do anything but chronograph them. My match load is a 180 grain Zero JHP, over 5.4 grains of N320 at 1.20. That loads makes 172PF out of my 6" SV. I dropped the load to 5.0 for the Bayou bullets and they were still averaging 1040 fps. So, I've loaded some more at 4.7, but haven't had a chance to shoot them.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had a chance to do anything but chronograph them. My match load is a 180 grain Zero JHP, over 5.4 grains of N320 at 1.20. That loads makes 172PF out of my 6" SV. I dropped the load to 5.0 for the Bayou bullets and they were still averaging 1040 fps. So, I've loaded some more at 4.7, but haven't had a chance to shoot them.

SVCop that 187pf that is plenty of cushion you won't minor :roflol: 4.5-4.7 is about right in my 5" STI Edge, it dosen't have to push the bullet thru that extra inch of barrel...:blink: My Edge makes 172pf with just 5.0gr of N320 and Zero 180gr JHP, the shorter barrel is working good. :roflol:

• 6 months later...

Here is some .40 and 9mm data for you with Bayou bullets. I did some more test today with 125's at different OAL's and it seems that the best groups with this bullet was to load to an OAL of 1.100. I'll post some of my data and I'm sure ToddRod will post his we both were testing today using my Ransom rest and our CZ's I also use them in my Dan Wesson 1911, Glocks, and M&p pro.

Thank you for all this detailed data!!!

I'm loading a batch right now.

I love em. LOVE. Infinitely better than the Precision / BBI. Substantially less smoke.

Little more than jacketed, but not worth the extra cost at this point. They're STUPID accurate... btw..

• 2 weeks later...

Why are they green?

The coating is made of ground up alligators! :ph34r:

yeah I have been telling people that Donnie puts Alligator blood in the coating. A lot of people just shake their heads and say thats cool and go on... Great bullets I just placed my 3rd order of them and recommend them to anyone that asks.

Does anyone have information on a .40 load for minor shooting a Glock 35. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I have decided to try some of the gator green bullets and will be calling Donnie tomorrow. I will be using VVN320 powder or clays and federal primers... or what is recommended.

Need info

Powder?

Grains?

OAL?

Thanks - Rob

Both my teammates are shooting 3.6 gr of Solo 1000. One is shooting 147 gr 9mm out of a Glock 34 and the other a 180 gr .40 out of an M&P.

Don't know the OAL.

Both are soft shooting, easy to get along with minor loads...

Thanks - Less and Paul-the new guy -

I am new to reloading and will be loading some practice rounds of zero tomorrow. I was not able to order my Green Bullets today, but I will Make time tomorrow.

Paul-the new guy,

If I was to drop the grains a little, do you think it will function properly, like down to 3.5 or 3.6.

Less,

Are both your teammates using Solo 1000 and the same amount of grains?

Thanks Again.....

Thanks - Less and Paul-the new guy -

I am new to reloading and will be loading some practice rounds of zero tomorrow. I was not able to order my Green Bullets today, but I will Make time tomorrow.

Paul-the new guy,

If I was to drop the grains a little, do you think it will function properly, like down to 3.5 or 3.6.

Less,

Are both your teammates using Solo 1000 and the same amount of grains?

Thanks Again.....

My gen 4 35 doesn't like power factors lower than around 150. It starts stove piping. My son has a Gen 4 22 that cycles fine at lower power factors arount the 139 range. It is trial and error. I bought a Gen 4 22 for the GSSF match last weekend and I had a couple of stove pipes with the 154pf load. The armorer changed out the recoil spring assy and I shot the rest of the day with no issues.

• 2 weeks later...

They are great bullets if they run in your guns. I have two STI 2011 a custom 5in. And a cameron's 6in.in 40. They will not run in eighter gun. When I shot them in my single stack they shot great. No smoke and accurate. Talked to Donnie and he said they are a little larger than jacketed bullets and that's probably why they won't return to battery. Glad I have a friend that runs them so I can sell them to him. :cheers:

They are great bullets if they run in your guns. I have two STI 2011 a custom 5in. And a cameron's 6in.in 40. They will not run in eighter gun. When I shot them in my single stack they shot great. No smoke and accurate. Talked to Donnie and he said they are a little larger than jacketed bullets and that's probably why they won't return to battery. Glad I have a friend that runs them so I can sell them to him. :cheers:

Hmm....

I've got a Cameron .40 5" and they run fine in it. I also have a U die plus a FCD. Maybe that's it.