Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where can I get an SRT trigger

gmel

Assuming you are talking about Sig's "Short Reset Trigger" which is actually a new sear and safety lever that shortens the reset, rather than a Short trigger which shortens the reach (people confuse those with us all the time); you can send your gun straight to Sig to have it installed. Sometimes you can get the parts kit elsewhere, usually only from armorers that are supposed to only be supplying them to Law Enforcement if I understand Sig's policy correctly.

One thing to keep in mind, people often seem to think that if they send their gun to Sig to have the SRT installed that they are getting a trigger job or action work. This is not the case. If you send your gun to Sig for the SRT, they only change the parts out (sear and safety lever), no action work involved. To get action work from the Sig custom shop you would need to add on what they call the AEP package.

The SRT sear and safety lever can be installed in DA/SA variants of most Sig models including P239, P228, P229, P225/P6, P226, P220, X-5 AllAround

Edited by Rln_21

• 3 weeks later...

You might try to find a friendly SIG armorer as along with the $99 for the SRT install you will also have to pay $69 for SIG's round trip shipping if it hasn't gone up. So it is going to cost $170 for just the SRT and no action job. It may make sense to find a gunsmith who can get the SRT parts and do an action job as well! I was fortunate enough to trade for a 226ST that had the SRT parts and an action job. Very Nice! Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
You might try to find a friendly SIG armorer as along with the $99 for the SRT install you will also have to pay $69 for SIG's round trip shipping if it hasn't gone up. So it is going to cost $170 for just the SRT and no action job. It may make sense to find a gunsmith who can get the SRT parts and do an action job as well! I was fortunate enough to trade for a 226ST that had the SRT parts and an action job. Very Nice! Good luck.

This is an add from Sig Forum. These SRT kits are sold, but they come up for sale in the classifieds pretty regularly. You might email the seller to see if he is going to get any in the near future. Good Luck.

• 5 weeks later...

Clean up, or be prepaired to have someone else clean up your SRT. I have owned 2 SIG's with them and the first one was HORRIBLE. My box-stock G17 Glock w/a couple hundred down the pipe is way smoother. The second is pretty good, very little stacking in the DA, and a pretty grit-free SA pull. Bruce Gray remarked that it was one of the better SRT's he had felt. Most fall somewhere in the middle of this and a common response from SIG owners who get it is: "I can't tell a difference, I'm pissed, and it's gritty." You aren't really going to see a difference unless you train to use the reset, and then, the OEM SIG trigger can be slicked up really nice by someone like GGI. Basically what I am saying is if you get a pistol that has the SRT, awesome, it prolly needs work. If you didn't, awesome, time for a trigger job anyways.

Just my .02.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...