Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Large Handgrips for AR

JeffWard

I'm just getting into 3-Gun, and setting up my DPMS carbine.

I have very big hands (6'4" tall), and my trigger reach with the factory DPMS grip is way too short. I want to increase the reach, and grip circumference.

Who makes a good replacement for big hands?

Thanks!

+1 for ERGO Tactical Deluxe std.(AR15)w/o palm shelf.

ERGO makes std (AR15) and large frame versions(AR10) of their ERGO and ERGO Tactical Deluxe grips

http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detail.cfm?I...FTOKEN=21014104 std frame

http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detail.cfm?I...FTOKEN=21014104

lg. frame.

Edited by Mindcrime Opr8r

Im 6'7" and wear an XXL/size 12 gloves for the most part.

I'm shooting using a overmolded ergogrip with a CMC flat trigger, and i love it. Too bad they don't make the triggers anymore.

but the ergogrip overmolded ambi-grip, magpul miad, and the CAA g-27 grip all help for those with longer fingers. Trigger groups with triggers that are faltter and more forward help a whole bunch. the CMC was sweet, but is gone. The timney and JP modular are probably the most forward positioned and both have a shallower curve than a stock ar trigger. I'll let someone else chime in on the AR-gold as I haven't met one yet.

I wear an XL glove, and hated the A2 grip my carbine came with. Swapped to an Ergo and it is much better, but far from perfect. Maybe it's the angle, while I'm not sure of the exact degree of angle, I think it's more Glock like than 1911 like. I thought about the extender that Ergo makes which spaces the grip back 3/4", but still, it would have the same angle. I have a Stark grip on order now, looking at the pics it is more 1911 angle like, drops the web of your thumb to be inline with the trigger, and extends the length of pull to the trigger so you can use the pad of your finger instad of knuckleing it.

I'll post more after I get home and can put my new parts together and try it out at the range, but I have high hopes for this one. Probably be 2 weeks before I'm home though.

The Sierra Precision SPR grip is probably the largest grip available but I think only available for right hand shooters.

Can be found at Brownells

+1 Ths grip is the way to go even for those with non large hands due to the grip contour. If it is too large you just simply shape it down to size.

The Sierra Precision SPR grip is probably the largest grip available but I think only available for right hand shooters.

Can be found at Brownells

+1 Ths grip is the way to go even for those with non large hands due to the grip contour. If it is too large you just simply shape it down to size.

+1 These have quite a bit of material and shape very nicely. I'd be surprised to find a larger grip than this.

Well I'm only 6'2" in this case (rare occasion when I can say only in that context). I've got the stark and the Ergo Tactical deluxe and I like em both. I had the ergo first and I liked that it was fatter and had a nice palm swell. The Stark grip was even better I thought since it brought the web of the hand so much farther back it seemed, but it's thinner. Still not sure which I like better... still needs more use on my part

+1 for ERGO Tactical Deluxe std.(AR15)w/o palm shelf.

ERGO makes std (AR15) and large frame versions(AR10) of their ERGO and ERGO Tactical Deluxe grips

http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detail.cfm?I...FTOKEN=21014104 std frame

http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detail.cfm?I...FTOKEN=21014104

lg. frame.

I use the standard on my 3 gun AR and love it. It fills up the palm nicely.

• 1 month later...