Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Compensator (Need Help)

Rye

I want to get everyones opinion on this. I'm in the process of having another open pistol built for 38 super. I want to know what is the best compensator that you think is out there. I haven't tried many open pistols with different comp. I will just base it on other people's personal experience. Thank you so much...

I do not think that there is a best.

I like mine to flip a little more than most so that I call my shots better. Some people like a really flat shooting comp so they can call the first and trust that the second will be there. There is also the short / long debate.

I prefer the longer (softer feeling) comps with three vertical and four sideports without any popple holes. That is my preference and powders used make a difference as well. I am using 7625 for mine, 350 at the same velocity feels snappier and shoots a little flatter in my gun.

Try out different types at the range from people you shoot with, using your load and see what feels best to you.

Edit to add-------mine is a One Off designed EGW cone comp but very similar to their standard comp readily available. I have shot the trubor barreled comp as well and although it felt slightly nose heavy, probably because of the bull barrel, It was also very easy to call shots with and was slightly flatter in response to mine.

Edited by BBoyle