Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Parts, Reliability Buy or Not

Woody Allen

A Glock or 1911, all the parts in the world-can have spares, never a need to send the gun ever, for any reason.

My criteria is all replacement parts are available-never ever have to send the gun out to be fixed,factory or gunsmith.

Our we at that point with the M@P?????

Spare parts have not been an issue for me, I bought 2. :roflol: Really, Speed Shooters Specialties has had anything I've needed with a good turn around. Guess it depends on what your going to use it for. In production mode I would suspect having a spare striker, mag springs, mag base and followers would be fine and are readily available.

A Glock or 1911, all the parts in the world-can have spares, never a need to send the gun ever, for any reason.

My criteria is all replacement parts are available-never ever have to send the gun out to be fixed,factory or gunsmith.

Our we at that point with the M@P?????

Using my M&P, going on almost 4yrs, I have had to replace the striker and mail pistol back to S&W for extractor replacement.

For other maintenance, I replaced the mag catch, mag followers and trigger return spring.

Guess what...this all cost me nothing thanks to their lifetime warranty. It's advised to have a spare striker.