Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.22 Pistol for side matches

Ohioguy

You have a lot of choices. How much did you want to spend? The Ruger 10-22's are an obvious place to start and most are an inexpensive option. You can also go the way of the revolver if that is what suits you. Ruger Single Six is what I have. Taurus and S&W also have some models in .22. What is your regular semi-auto? May be able to get a .22 Cal conversion unit for it-I have the CZ Kadet kit for my CZ Phantom.

Browning Buckmark--accurate, great grip angle (unlike the Ruger), easy to mod (tactical Solutions barrel)

I would love a 5.5 Field, but they are as rare as hens teeth. I have an FFL, deal with four different distributors, and out of 24 sku's only 3 are available, and thats all four d's combined.

S&W Model 41. Buy once, cry once, love it forever. If you get into shooting steel with it you can get a Steel Challenge specific barrel that allows direct mounting of a C-More; there simply isn't a better combination for steel available. Certainly, it's not the cheapest, but it'll last for ages and is unlikely to disappoint. R,

S&W Model 41. Buy once, cry once, love it forever. If you get into shooting steel with it you can get a Steel Challenge specific barrel that allows direct mounting of a C-More; there simply isn't a better combination for steel available. Certainly, it's not the cheapest, but it'll last for ages and is unlikely to disappoint. R,

+100 to Bart's comments. I was leary about the money for the Model 41....but when I got to shoot the gun for the 1st time I KNEW it was worth it. I never knew a .22 pistol could be so nice and a great shooter. I posted in here before but we were nailing an 8" plate at 50 yards with my Model 41 with no problems.

I agree with the 41 statements. However, the $800 is keeping me from pulling the trigger so to speak. I sold a Browning HP to fund a new 22, my NRA Instructor class, and a new range membership. The 41 would eat up all that.

I am leaning more towards the Ruger 22/45 or the Mark III. I am not a big fan of Ruger guns, but I have heard good things about both guns.

I agree with the 41 statements. However, the $800 is keeping me from pulling the trigger so to speak. I sold a Browning HP to fund a new 22, my NRA Instructor class, and a new range membership. The 41 would eat up all that.

I am leaning more towards the Ruger 22/45 or the Mark III. I am not a big fan of Ruger guns, but I have heard good things about both guns.

If you look carefully sometimes great deals are possible on used, like new M41s. Right now there seem to be quite a few that are coming out of safes and closets for the first time in decades. I bought one off Gun Broker that was from 1972/73 and it was 99%+...it's the gun I put the Bully SC barrel on that I use in the one video from above. Total delivered was $515 :surprise:

+1 shawn knight

advantage arms conversion kit for your glock 17- the benefits of using the same gun to practice for your... uh.. same gun are pretty obvious.

http://www.advantagearms.com/

sub-caliber training is fun, inexpensive and very effective at letting you focus on the fundamentals of the first shot without the recoil.

+1 shawn knight

advantage arms conversion kit for your glock 17- the benefits of using the same gun to practice for your... uh.. same gun are pretty obvious.

http://www.advantagearms.com/

sub-caliber training is fun, inexpensive and very effective at letting you focus on the fundamentals of the first shot without the recoil.

Yeah, the problem is actually finding one! I've been looking and haven't found a single one for a G17/22 anywhere except a couple on Gun Broker where they wanted almost double the normal list of around $260.

If you possibly can, go ahead and buy something good enough to at least shoot the iron sight division in the Steel Challenge, just in case. And just about any decent conversion, or Ruger or Buckmark will work fine.

I have a Browning Buckmark Hunter with Cocobolo grips and love it! It came with an integral scope mount (Picatinny rail) and a fiber optic front sight,

I put a 35.00 BSA 2x scope on it and plink out smiley faces on targets at 25+ feet. :D

Like Bart I searched and searched and Bart and TG Reaper assisted me in finding one to buy. I found a great Model 41 for less than $650 including shipping and FFL.