Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do you feel you are are good shooter?

lugnut

I think like a lot of people, I go in cycles.. I've been doing this kind of shooting seriously for about 6-7 years. It seems like longer, but it is what it is. I dabbled in other sports like handgun sillouette, skeet, trap, sporting clays, and other things over the years and this is the one thing I've stuck to on any regular basis (besides hunting, I've been doing that for amost 30 years).

When I practice at this sport, I tend to have peaks where I am improving.. but then either life or repetitive burnout happens and it's time to take a break. I'm actually in one of my "break" periods right now since it is waterfowl season. I plan to pick up where I left off right around Feb 1st when I pick up one of my revo's and start training for the Revolver matches coming up (SW regional and the IRC). I'll still shoot the local USPSA and ICORE matches since trigger time on the clock is good to keep tuned in with in addition to practice on my own.

I went to a different sort of match a while back, and was doing a post match shooting activity, not really a side match, just kind of goofing around. One gent who I didn't really know all that well observed me and asked what my classification was.. he then went on to say that he thought I should be classified higher due to what he observed. That was kind of a shot in the arm and I know that I could likely practice and jump to the next classification, but I think if I did that, I might burn out faster, so I sit in B class.. A class Revolver has been elusive.. but it's really not that far away if I focus and make it my goal.. Maybe I'll do that as my New Years resolution :)

Edited by sargenv

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic