Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Invector vs Invector Plus?

trip5466

So I am looking for chokes and am buying the hype on Briley. What is the difference between Invector and Invector plus? I like the Briley extended IP chokes but before I pull the trigger I want to make sure they will fit my SLP and my SX2.

The invector plus is a longer choke, your barrel has to be cut for it. Double check the chokes that came with your shotgun, to make sure you get it right, before you spend a bunch of money!

My new 22" FN-SLP has Invector chokes (not plus). I think (not 100% sure) that some of the longer barrel SX-2's may have Invector plus.

You can still do the extended chokes, where they extend past the end of the barrel, but you have to have the right length for the part 'inside the barrel'.

Hope that helps!

So I am looking for chokes and am buying the hype on Briley. What is the difference between Invector and Invector plus? I like the Briley extended IP chokes but before I pull the trigger I want to make sure they will fit my SLP and my SX2.

Invector choke tubes are the older type that Browning used, Invector Plus are the newer type found on current model Brownings and higher end current model Winchesters. Invector and Invecter Plus tubes are not interchangeable as the Plus tubes are use on barrrels that have been backbored to get better patterning.

Thanks for the info. Another Question on Briley Chokes- are the Winchester X2 and Browning Invector x2 the same choke? The look the same and it they are the same gun?

Best thing to do is call Briley and speak with claudio, tell him what you are trying to do, tell him I sent you and you will recieve a 10% discount on thier manufactured products. they maybe can modify your barrel so all the chokes will be interchangeable. He can give you the best option for your money. there is a chart on the website, if you cant find it give them a call, they are good people.

later

sean

Yes....Winchester,Browning and FN are the same Invector system.If it is marked for Invector....use the invector system only. Invector Plus is completely different and designed around an overbored barrel. A more efficient design that helps aide in slight recoil reduction and better patterning.

I persoanlly use the Carlson extended(sporting clay)tubes in my SX3. But the Brileys are great too. Just a little more expensive. The extended tubes from either company pattern much better than the factory chokes. I use a Skeet,Imrpoved Cylinder,Light Mod,Mod and on occasion an Improved Mod.

I probably use IC the most and Skeet the second most for most USPSA 3 gun and LM and Mod for most outlaw 3 gun with the use of more steel plates at varying distances.

I highly recommend you go pattern all your chokes at various distances starting at 10 yards and back to 30 increasing distance in 5 yard increments, all chokes will basically pattern within an inch of each other at 10 yards so don't expect alot there but at 15 they all start to do there thing and open up.

Great info! I appreciate it. I got some Brileys, but before I saw your post Sean. Some better attention on my part could have saved a few bucks...I will use that in the future...thanks. Sean, I have a few questions about Houston 3 gun if you don't mind me hitting you up for info...I don't want to hijack this thread.