Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI Eliminator Muzzle Brake - where to buy?

foxyyy

hi guys!

Just recently did we have interest in shooting ar15 rifles in matches here in our area. I guess this was due to the fact of the threat we are experiencing from "terrorists" since last year. Now, we are more into rifle shooting than pistol shooting in our club. So I decided to setup a competition rifle as I got really hooked shooting an AR15.

I was wondering where we can order a TTI Eliminator muzzle brake and have them send it here in our area. That's the only part missing in my setup: 18" WOA SPR barrel (have it fluted in the handguard area), JP VTAC handguard, DPMS Lo-Pro upper receiver, JP Adjustable gas block, JP Lo Mass BCG, JP Lo Mass buffer, ACE Buttstock...really need the TTI Titan on this one.

2009 3-Gun Australasia will be this coming weekend here in our country..to bad can't join. :(

I live here in the Philippines. ;)

I bought one here: http://www.ttiintl.com/

You might have to call them, as their site doesn't seem to be very complete. I don't know who else might carry them.

I used it for awhile and then took it off my POF. Very loud, and there was something about the feel that I didn't care for. It had a sharp feeling to it. Of course, ymmv.

I have one of the 1st ones John built and love it. jobob is right it is VERY loud ROs hate standing behind me when I shoot it. There is next to no recoil with it though. If you call his shop please keep in mind they keep kinda of strange hours they open at noon and close at 7pm eastern most days and I think closed on monday. If you email them they will get back in touch with you.

I dont understand what he means by "sharp feeling". The only other issue I have had is the same with any other comp and thats shooting in tight spots and in barrels it blows back at you a lot.

I will get a hold of John on Tuesday and get a good email from them and PM it to you.

Do you want the TTI Eliminator or the SJC Titan? If you want the Titan.....I think forum dealer CPWSA will ship one to the Phillipines. I personally think the Titan is a much improved design of the TTI. I just ask because you mention TTI Titan at the end of your post.

@Pigdawg

pls do..will be waiting for your PM..thanks very much!

@00bullitt

oopps..what I meant was the TTI Eliminator..already talked with Chris of CPWSA, no problem shipping the Titan here :)

@david.bergen

have you emailed Chris about it?

It's hard to put a finger on the "sharp" feeling, but that's how I describe it. Maybe it was in relation to the sound. It did eliminate muzzle rise very effectively. In fact the muzzle dipped down slightly, which just felt weird to me. Part of it also is that it was on a piston gun. Their recoil impulse is entirely different from a direct impingment system, and perhaps the Tti just didn't jibe with the piston. Anyway, I'm using a Cooley right now, and it feels softer to me. But this is all very subjective. What feels good to me, may not be so good for you.

Have fun, whatever you do! :cheers:

• 5 weeks later...

I called and emailed them after the first Front Sight article came out. I never got a return call or email, so I will never buying anything from this company no matter how good it is!

Sometimes a little customer service goes a long way.

hi guys!

Just recently did we have interest in shooting ar15 rifles in matches here in our area. I guess this was due to the fact of the threat we are experiencing from "terrorists" since last year. Now, we are more into rifle shooting than pistol shooting in our club. So I decided to setup a competition rifle as I got really hooked shooting an AR15.

I was wondering where we can order a TTI Eliminator muzzle brake and have them send it here in our area. That's the only part missing in my setup: 18" WOA SPR barrel (have it fluted in the handguard area), JP VTAC handguard, DPMS Lo-Pro upper receiver, JP Adjustable gas block, JP Lo Mass BCG, JP Lo Mass buffer, ACE Buttstock...really need the TTI Titan on this one.

2009 3-Gun Australasia will be this coming weekend here in our country..to bad can't join. :(

I live here in the Philippines. ;)