Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

barrel crown

WDB

Got a new barrel and the crown doesn't look right to me. Assuming that the barrel was cut square, won't the bullet leave the lands uneven thus resulting in sub-par accuracy. I don't won't to know if it can but recut, I will send it back to the manuf. Cost to damn much (let them eat it) for me to pay someone to fix it, especially when it hasn't even been installed yet.

post-13108-1255206812_thumb.jpg

post-13108-1255206831_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I figured as much. Send thess pics to the manuf. and get an RMA number I guess. :angry:

I just hope it doesn't take them a week to ship a new one like it did this one,,,,,,,,,and they were

IN STOCK. :angry::angry:

..... depending on what type of front end lockup is being used , there is a fair chance that the barrel will need trimming a tad - so it is going to get on the to-do list in any event. Don't sweat it, if you are doing the job yourself you will probably need to have access to a lathe or a crowning tool - a reliable smith will crown it as part of the job.

The last Bar-Sto barrel I fitted had the crowning off by 8 thousandths of an inch yet looked as good as any can look. A skim in the lathe and it was spot-on !

Edited by Service Desk