Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Small Pistol Primers

JeffWard

I placed an order of powder & primers from powder valley two weeks ago & they shipped it yesterday. It is wolf primers we ordered. They seem to be getting them in semi-regularly. I've heard of folks not being able to place an order but I didn't have any trouble. Delivered cost after ship & hazmat was @ $27.50/k. We had a ?36lb? order, I believe. You can only order things they show on their site as being "out of stock" or "in stock". IOW, you can't order winchester small pistol primers because they aren't showing them on the website.

I was anticipating it taking a month after seeing people getting some occasionally so this was good news to our little group.

Good luck!

MLM

I lucked out and happened to get 5000 from Midway USA, I got an email saying that they had Magtech primers instock so I clicked on the link and they were sold out already :angry2: I started looking around and they had Federals instock so I snapped them up. I should have bought a lotery ticket that day! :roflol:

I placed an order of powder & primers from powder valley two weeks ago & they shipped it yesterday. It is wolf primers we ordered. They seem to be getting them in semi-regularly. I've heard of folks not being able to place an order but I didn't have any trouble. Delivered cost after ship & hazmat was @ $27.50/k. We had a ?36lb? order, I believe. You can only order things they show on their site as being "out of stock" or "in stock". IOW, you can't order winchester small pistol primers because they aren't showing them on the website.

I was anticipating it taking a month after seeing people getting some occasionally so this was good news to our little group.

Good luck!

MLM

A couple of months ago I back ordered like this from PV, and they shipped THE NEXT DAY! I had them by the end of the week. I was a little shocked to say the least. I am noticing that alot of on-line distributors like Glockworld ans J&G Sales are sending me advertisements for amoo in stock that they were'nt a few months ago. Namely .223, .40 S&W, and 9mm.

JZ

I just scored 5000 Winchester SPP at the local Big R, price is now $2.99 a 100, I left 11,000 so on Tuesday when I am back that way I'll check to see what's left. Federal SPM were $3.49 and they had 10,000. Federal SR were $3.29 and they had 18,000 in stock.

Here is the recipe that has helped me get through the primer supply issues. I have not once in the last 12 months gotten low on primers. I have ordered a lot of primers for shooting buddies. I have not gone for more than one week (when looking) without being able to find someone that has primers in stock at a reasonable price. When looking for primers I check the following websites twice a day. Early morning or after midnight seems to be the best time. I think stock updates must happen at the end of the day and the websites are set to update at midnight or later.

Graf and Sons

Wideners

Midsouth Reloading

Cabelas

Sinclair

Natchez

Gamaliel

Powder Valley

Since Nov 08 I have probably purchased ~120k primers and I'm not hording. A good friend of mine is a commercial reloader (small scale). He goes through a lot of primers, but isn't real internet savvy so I have been getting them for him. Hope this helps.