Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Single Mag Pouch Recommendations

sperman

I'm curious what guys are using for mag pouches with their M&P. I'm currently running the blade-tech double mag pouch, but there are a few things I don't like about it (too much space between the mag pouches and the mags poking into my gut.)

When I ran my M&P in limited I used the Double alpha and really like them, but I wanted to see what else was out there before I shelled out $150 for mag pouches. Any recommendations?

I really like the Ready Tactical pouches that CPWSA sells. They do not have tension screws and take up very little real estate per pouch on the belt. I can get 6 pouches in the space I normally only get 4. They are just a very simple design that is totally bind free.

I really like the Ready Tactical pouches that CPWSA sells. They do not have tension screws and take up very little real estate per pouch on the belt. I can get 6 pouches in the space I normally only get 4. They are just a very simple design that is totally bind free.

Yup its good stuff! Linky

I am glad to see these recommendations since I too run the ready tacticals. They are not too common but I finally started seeing more of them this past weekend at the Ohio matches. Very simple, very compact AND very economical. Get some, you will like them.

Would Safariland 771s work for the M&P? I checked on Safariland's website and see that the M&P isn't listed but a Sigma, Glock 17, Sig 226, Beretta 92 AND single stack Colt 1911 ALL have the same part number which tells me they are adjustable.

1.5 belt loop Tactical Black 771-53-121-150.

Would Safariland 771s work for the M&P? I checked on Safariland's website and see that the M&P isn't listed but a Sigma, Glock 17, Sig 226, Beretta 92 AND single stack Colt 1911 ALL have the same part number which tells me they are adjustable.

1.5 belt loop Tactical Black 771-53-121-150.

I just tightened up my STI mags and they worked fine with the M&P mags. I now use the Comp Tacs and find them OK... They are loose on my IDPA belt though. Probably need an 1.5" belt to keep the movement to a minimum.

Hello: I like the Comp-tac with the Tek-Lok mount. You can space them out by using plastic sleeves from Lowes and longer screws. The Tek-Lok stops the mag holder from moving around and makes it secure like the Safariland 771's or 773's. I have seen a guy pull some of the mag holders with mags off his belt in a IDPA match. The retension devise was not working well that day :roflol: The Tek-Lok also makes it easier to remove the holders with out taking your belt off and losing your pants :surprise: Thanks, Eric

I use to use the ready tactical and I-shot but switched to the blade-tech singles. the others kept getting too close to each other and I would pull the mag behind it (even using the compact mag pads). The blade-tech singles space things out perfectly, I get six on my belt easily (34in waist). Blade-tech also has out some new singles that have a cant to keep them away from your body, I haven't had a chance to try them out yet but I would guess they would be about perfect.

Good Luck!

I'm surprised that no one else chimed in for CR Speed... With the STI/SV shim, they were a tad loose for my M&P mags, but with a thin piece of felt or foam (which a lot of shops will include with the pouches) makes it a perfect fit.

Hello: I forgot to add that I use the Safariland 771's for my STI 2011 and Glock 17 mags. I can fit 6 of those on my 34" waist as well. You can also add the Tek-Loks to the Safariland 771's and 773's. The hole spacing fits perfectly. Thanks, Eric

Fitting 6 pouches with any type of pouch is possible on a 34" waist. Its fitting them in the smallest amount of real estate as possible. I prefer to not have mine wrapped around to the middle of my back.

I use a small piece of velcro on the inside of my Ready Tacs to secure them on the outer belt and then add another small piece of velcro to the backside of the kydex that contacts my inner belt. I also have Ready Tac make my belt attachment like a J hook so that they can not be pulled off the belt.

Another thing to consider when running 6 pouches with Tek Lok or CR Speed or Safariland pouches is the weight of the belt empty. My 6 ready Tac pouches almost add no extra weight to the belt. Less weight means less fatigue. I used to run 6 CR Speed pouches. aside from them wrapping past the middle of my back.....they were pretty heavy.