Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can other programs besides EZwinscore read the .db filed EZwinscore pr

A62335

Thanks for the help Flex, but I was unable to import the file into MS Access 2007. All I want to do is view the final results, so they can be uploaded to our club website in a simple text format.

Thanks for the help Flex, but I was unable to import the file into MS Access 2007. All I want to do is view the final results, so they can be uploaded to our club website in a simple text format.

EZWinScore is only $25. But if you insist on trying to hack around that, the database format is Sybase if that helps you at all.

Later,

Chuck

http://www.uspsa.org/ezwinscore/index.html

Didn't EZ used to output into a txt format? (I thought that a txt version used to be posted when the scores were posted on the USPSA site?)

Yup, it will do a txt dump and an html dump but the html is not real purty.

Here is an example of the txt: Pistol_Finals__All_divisions.txt

and here is the html version: Pistol_Finals__All_divisions.htm

Later,

Chuck

Edited by ChuckS

Chuck,

I will order a copy of the software, but I was looking for an instant solution. Oh well, I can wait a few days.

Definitely purchase your copy.

In order to use MS Access, you need to start EzWinscore because the runtime engine needs to start before you can "open" the tables.

If you don't know much about software, I would recommend not dinking around with the tables. IMO.

Thanks for the help Flex, but I was unable to import the file into MS Access 2007.

Don't try to "import the data into MS/Access" - use MS/Access to open an ODBC connection to the database. You will need to start up the Sybase database engine ("rteng9" in the EzWinScore install directory) so that Access can connect to it. Or, generate "webfile.txt" (via the export to web feature) and parse the needed data from that file (CSV format)