Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unsportsman like conduct

WDB

Apparently it needs to be a bit clearer. 10.2.2 only applies to shots fired while faulting. For example a fault line where you're leaning out. If you fire 3 shots at a 4 targets while faulting the line and you gained a significant advantage you get three pentalties, one per shot fired. Not a procedural for every shot in the stage. You don't go back and assess a penalty for every target in the stage or even in that array. You only get penalized while faulting. You're right I am hung up on only applying per shot penalties when a shot is fired.

No one has said if you know the rule book you can ignore it and do whatever you want. What people said was if you know the rule book and know that 10.2.2 only applies to shots fired while faulting, the part you seem to be missing, then there might be a reward to skipping part of the WSB, a reward that will have consequences, but might still be worth it.

Where does it say in rule 10.2.2 that it only applies to faulting? It expressly talks about penalties and how they are assessed and what do in the case of a "significant advantage". No where does it mention faults.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I can take you back to the Ohio stage...

As I mentioned earlier, there was no shooting tied to moving the cans. Moving the cans was the procedure(s). If you did the procedure, then no penalty. If you did not do the procedure, then one penalty per occurrence. Pretty simple.

There was no requirement to take ANY shots while holding the cans (and, I believe there we people that did move the cans that did not do any one handed shooting...yet another choice).

I never thought any different.

Was this run up through the RM or just RO's?

I spoke directly with the RM. Another shooter (who's a member on the forum, who can de-cloak if he likes) told me he spoke to the RM and the Asst. MD. The RM told me he'd spoken to 4 different shooters at the time I spoke with him.

Gotcha. Let me change my example to a Level-I match where you are to engage 4 targets from box A and 4 from box B. Box B is by a real low port set up by some real short guys (this would never happen in real life :rolleyes: ). Being 6' 4", I decide to take the last four targets from somewhere else than port B. Again, I may get 1 or I may get 8, but I don't think I could get 16.

The difference is that in the case of the cans or briefcase the WSB does not stipulate when to move the cans just that they have to be moved before the last shot. If you are free to move them when ever you want then how would the RO know which shots to apply the penalty to?

Duh --- the last shot. That's the only requirement. How would you penalize a shooter who fires all shots but one, then moves the cans and fires the final shot? You wouldn't, right? Because he fulfilled the course requirements by moving the cans prior to the last shot, hence only the last shot can be penalized. Just because a similar stage was scored differently at an area match doesn't mean that it was scored correctly.

When the likes of Troy McManus (an RMI, and an experienced National level RM) suggests that Ohio's stage was legal, and was properly penalized, I tend to pay attention --- and not just because I agree.....

Troy's told me I'm wrong on occasion --- I've listened then too....