Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone make G-10 or Micarta grips for a P226?

A62335

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Check with VZ Grips. They have pictures (see link) of their grips installed on a SIG and they do look very nice!

http://www.vzgrips.com/index.php/gallery?f...ry&catid=13

Thanks for the link dohboy...I love my VZ grips on my 1911...lots of bite.

I might have to get a set of these for the 228.

I sent a message to VZ about these grips. They'll be available soon and in the $125 price range.

I sent a message to VZ about these grips. They'll be available soon and in the $125 price range.

You might mention to them that pretty much no one makes aftermarket grips for the X5's...excluding the beautiful Nills.

You might mention to them that pretty much no one makes aftermarket grips for the X5's...excluding the beautiful Nills.

That's a good point, but my interest level dropped a bit when I learned the price. $125 is pretty steep considering I can purchase new factory plastic grips for $20 and have them stippled for another $20.

• 3 weeks later...

I have used the rosewood grips that came stock on my P226 Elite ST. They didn't grip for beans or fit my hand.

I then bought Hogue wrap-around finger groove grips. They didn't fit me well.

I then tried Hogue flat-panel grips. They don't fit the gun well and interfere with the de-cocker.

I then tried the OEM black plastic P226 grips and like many other SIG owners report, they don't tighten down and always shift a bit when you grip the pistol. In short. They suck for fit.

I now have some Hogue black G10's headed my way. They will complete my all black QPQ'ed P226 Elite ST 357 SIG.

My All Around got the hot soldering iron treatment although not in an overly aggressive manner. I did it where the factory checkering was on the sides and back and left the logo and smooth areas alone.

It's a tool for me and subject to getting banged around and used. For my purpose, it works great and even with sweaty, wet, or oily hands, it's easy to keep a grip. Doesn't show if it gets a knick in it either.

I don't spend a lot on grips for looks. I have some real nice wood on my SA 1911 and Micarta on my suppressed BHP. Other than that, everything else is either stock, grip tape, Brownells spray grit, stippled, or some combination.

As for the CDI factor, I am married so I it's not an issue anymore...... ;)

Craig

Edited by spd522