Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
reichebrown

Open Glock kit from Jager?

Got this kit with the LWD Barrel and 9mm Comp for my G17. Got to say it's cool beans. Prescription shooting glasses will stay in my range for the time being. I'm running and gunning again! Seriously this will add years, God willing, to my shooting enjoyment. Well done Billy :cheers:

Jim

I have been talking to a fellow shooter and he has strong reservations regarding the kkm drop in barrel for major loads. He explained that throating the chamber is needed in order to shoot major. I think as a way to help with the psi and to accomodate for the longer oal.

Has anyone made major with this kit, even if you used the LWD barrel instead? Do you mind sharing your load data? I will take all risks and assure you that I will be carefull.

Please help

thanks

Edited by bobtorre

Searched and found some major 9 data for Open Glocks

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=104967

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12740&hl=kkm go right to page 13 on this thread

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=83231

Be aware of the OAL on this load data. Many are for STI/STV guns. (loaded long)

You'll need to reduce the powder charge AND the OAL for Open Glocks.

This is the deep end of the pool. Experiment. Hope you get to the shooting soon.

Wish I had switched to Open ten years ago. :cheers:

Can you make major PF w/ the G22 kit using factory ammo, or must you go to the G35 kit? I dont reload as of yet, but want to play around in open.

Can you make major PF w/ the G22 kit using factory ammo, or must you go to the G35 kit? I dont reload as of yet, but want to play around in open.

The answer I believe is a YES! Absolutely.

No need to reload... Not sure what bullet weight will do it for you (no expert) but I know of folks who have gone that route successfully.

Now some folks claim that you would be at a disadvantage with those shooting 9mm Major. I dunno, I have not done any real tests. I have only shot the 9mm major (which I painstakingly came up with load to work with my g17 kkm match supported barrel drop-in,,, yes drop-in).

No do not go with the g35,,, the longer slide means slower cycle... another disadvantage. Now this things play a role the more competitive you become. For starters, imho, you won't tell the difference .... :cheers:

Thanks!!

Can anyone else confirm just for peace of mind?

Gen 4 Open / GSSF Kit

Our Jager Open Division / GSSF Kits are available for Gen. 4 G17's and G22's, just drop me an e-mail with the order to let me know it's for the Gen. 4 and I'll include the Gen. 4 Guide Rod at no additional cost.

First one to order and I'll include the Jager Ultra-light Striker and spring too.

Thanks all for your support, jager

post-952-127716971108_thumb.jpg

The Jager Ultra-light Striker is unbelievable. I was down to my last couple thousand primers which were CCI, and always gave me light strikes unless I ran a full strength striker spring. With the new Jager striker, I can drop down to a reduced power Wolff striker spring and set them off all day. 2,000+CCI's down the pipe without one light strike.

Glad to hear about that Jager Striker and light primer strikes, just got it installed yesterday and am waiting to test it out.

For these Open kits, is it permissible in USPSA Open to use this kit with the optic installed on a Lonewolf slide?

So if I have a G17 that I shoot Production with, I can just swap out slides?

Glad to hear about that Jager Striker and light primer strikes, just got it installed yesterday and am waiting to test it out.

For these Open kits, is it permissible in USPSA Open to use this kit with the optic installed on a Lonewolf slide?

So if I have a G17 that I shoot Production with, I can just swap out slides?

Yes, the Lone Wolf slide is fine in Open Division. One of the attractive features of the kit is just what you described - just swap the top end and you're Production Division ready!

I have a few strikers left in stock, we finally got our butts in gear after moving the shop. Unfortunately with so many backorders it almost wiped me out. The next run is already in production and due to ship 12/23. Sorry for the wait, thanks so much for your patience and your support!

A new website is almost complete for us, and with that will be our Gen 4 guide rods for the G19 size frames. These will be in steel or Polymer, and the G17 size frames also will be available in Polymer. IDPA has already ruled the Gen 4 Polymer rods legal in SSP.

Thanks Kevin :P

later, jager

Does the barrel in the open kit come with a longer chamber for longer OAL rounds to load for open?

No. My Lone Wolf has its standard chamber. The Glock magazine is what limits the COAL.

I find the 1.155-1.160 plenty long enough with the HS-6 load I run.

Jim

NEWB question, I want to buy this kit for my son to shoot Steel Matches for now, maybe USPA down the road, he is 12 years old (13yo in March)and shoots a Ruger Mark III Target/Hunter -7/8" barrel in steel match now and has for a little over a year. Out of 75-80 people attending our Steel Matches, he is anywhere from the top 10 to 6th overall with only maybe 3-4 Juniors attending, the rest are adults.

here goes, can you shoot factory load 9mm, 115gr without spring issues, or is it better to have a heavier load?

BTW, I reload 200 grain .45 SWC for my 1911 so I can reload but prefer not to since it is only for Steel Matches

The comp will always work better with more gas flowing through it, so reloading with a slower powder is the best choice. I cann substitute a Wolff spring instead of the ISMI, these seem to run the light loads better.

The comp will always work better with more gas flowing through it, so reloading with a slower powder is the best choice. I cann substitute a Wolff spring instead of the ISMI, these seem to run the light loads better.

Thanks, I will pickup a new G-17 Gen 4, I have to think on this a bit. I just want it to be dependable.

It looks like we are going to go with the barrel and comp only and will add trijicon night sights and a polished magwell

do we need a lighter spring to shoot 115 grain loads for Steel Match's?

How much barrel length does the comp barrel add?

The lighter recoil spring is required when runnning a comp, try a Wolff 12 # spring. The barrel itself is about 1/2" longer for the threading, and the comp adds a total of 2" to the length of the muzzle.

The lighter recoil spring is required when runnning a comp, try a Wolff 12 # spring. The barrel itself is about 1/2" longer for the threading, and the comp adds a total of 2" to the length of the muzzle.

Thanks, I will order this before Friday, do you guys have a G17 Gen 4 silver magwell to match the comp?

I just received my open kit today for my 35.

I called Bill wanting some advice on options and he directed me to the "right" way to go a few weeks back.

There was a miscommunication (mainly on my part) on the barrel and I called Bill today and he promptly shipped out a new barrel that I will get tomorrow because he said, "I know you want to shoot this weekend..."

Bill is a top notch guy. If you are thinking of his open setup, you are dealing with someone that cares about his product and his customers.

I look forward to picking up his light striker.

Thanks Bill!

I will buy this Open Glock pacakge for a Christmas persent, he now has a Gen 4 G-17 that he has been shooting since April that I have him for his Birthday.

So I hope more parts are avabile for mtehm now, more Magwells etc.