Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best gunsmith nobody has heard of?

R. Batt

Shay (akai custom guns) builds great guns by far some of the most accurate I have shot. His style is diffrent from the rest and the guns flat out run. Website. WWW.acguns.com

Edited by Kriojas

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
Ned Christiansen

http://www.m-guns.com/

does wonderful work but there is a huge waitlist

It is worth checking Ned's site/gallery just for the firearm eye candy. VERY nice , Very innovative work. Somewhere on the site he mentions he hasn't taken orders for two years, and he's still five years behind!

I included Ned in an article years ago for AH or CH, and nobody'd ever heard of him; he offered to do Conamyds on a pistol for me when he had a ONE WEEK turnaround, and I put it off.

Good thing I'm not a stock broker, eh?

Larry

Edited by DT Guy

Charles Thompson from Toledo, Ohio gets my vote. I have a Para P14 built from a frame kit before they started making complete guns and it compares with the best and is better than 2 of the biggest names out there. That is not the only example of his work I have either.

JMNSHO

Richard

I am from Toledo and have never heard of this guy !!

Jeff Abernathy outside Charlotte NC, does excellent work on 2011 and 1911 handguns and is reasonable on his prices

Abernathygunworks.com

I split a barrel in my open gun and he told me to stop by and he would fit the new one while I waited. His dad built my gun and Jeff has gone through it for a check up. Still runs great.

:cheers:

I am going to have him build me a limited gun in the near future...

Edited by cyburg

I got this guy in Oklahoma named Mike Cyrwus building me a pistol. Hope he's worth a flip.

Honestly Mike does amazing work!!!

If you haven't heard of Mike you haven't been listening too hard, at least if you live in Oklahoma.

I've shot a couple M&Ps that he's done trigger work on. Better results than the Apex kit for less money; it's sort of a no-brainer.

I'm going to send mine in one of these days when I get around to it.

Edited by perlslacker

Shay at Akai Custom formerly with Millenium Custom. Shay is like a gun nerd! lol, and a super nice guy! he can tell you what the measurement for each little part should be, and his work is close to perfect as perfect can get with these guns. I spoke with him again at La Gator classic, and he was telling me the parts that he uses for the gun builds, and there is no bs parts, they are of the highest quality, and his prices are exceptional for what you are getting. I have seen similiar guns, with not all the great parts go for $4-5k, and he is in the high 2k-mid3k for a gun, depending on what you want. Also his wait time is only 2 months! while I was at gator this weekend he did a trigger job on my gun this past weekend, it was originally breaking at 2.5#, I gave the gun to him and he gave it back to me 20min later with a 1.75# trigger, with a glass break and a nice reset.

Shay all the way!!

use the guys at Gunsmoke Guns...available thru American Gun and Discovery Channel....i've never heard of any of them, and THEY say they're the best!!!!

If this is the Gunsmoke shop in the Denver CO area, there are very good reasons nobodies heard of them!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...