• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

IF we are talking about someone who is truly "unknown" as a gunsmith who knows how to build a race gun..........

Aircooled6racer - Eric Davis... Right here on the forums. cheers.gif

woops - edit gone bad....blush.gif

Edited by Merlin Orr

• 1 month later...

What, no mention of the Greek? Just kidding.

We are lucky to have a guy like Greg Copeland who is also a great AR15 smith as well.

I need to go see him, I'm just afraid of what I will want when I go there.

well for an unknown smith i would have to go with Ivan Gillette in Wichita KS.

I would say he is small time he has only built 3 guns so far a 2011 AR and a 1911.

He built my 2011 last year and it still runs great. i also have a kick a$$ 1911 45 for single stack he built this year for me.

Jeremy Hardin

Drake is a really good smith in NE Ohio. He's known around the 1911 community, but no where near the "big guys."

http://www.drakesgunworks.com

If you're into 1911's and you've never heard of Ned Christensen, shame on you. He is a VERY well known smith. Jim Garthwaite is also a very well known smith, but I don't see him mentioned a whole lot. http://www.garthwaite.com

Rick McDowell in Osceola, Iowa. He is great with any gun.

It's true, I've seen some fine work that Rick has done, and they all run great. Also, in eastern Iowa, Dick Becker is a whiz with Paras. I didn't know that Paras had a reputation for sometimes being less than reliable until I started frequenting this forum, because at his club everybody shoots Paras and they all run great! He's a salty old codger, but I suppose that's why he's so good, been working with Paras since they were frame kits. He's no slouch with other guns, either.

+1 on Dick Becker. He re-did the trigger on a used para of mine and it is so sweet diabetics can't come withing 10 feet of it! :surprise:

+2 Dick Becker I had some issues with my Brazos and he made them go away!