Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How I Dryfire...2009 Edition

Micah

Hard to believe that it's been two years since I created this thread. People have asked me to do an update on the original video, and after finishing interim reports on my students today, I got to work.

The video below has 22 basic dryfire drills that I work on almost daily.This is just a primer...there are many other drills that one can do with a little running room and a few targets.

Enjoy :)

th_45aecd0c.jpg

Or click

for the Youtube link.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesse, I am not quite sure what you mean...I am pulling the trigger on every target for every shot. I have my Glock trigger setup so that I can repeat the trigger pull without needing to reset the striker. (Is that what you were asking?) :)

Jesse, I am not quite sure what you mean...I am pulling the trigger on every target for every shot. I have my Glock trigger setup so that I can repeat the trigger pull without needing to reset the striker. (Is that what you were asking?) :)

That is exactly what I was asking. How does one go about setting up the trigger in that manner? I don't feel like I get much out of dry firing becasue I have to rack the slide all the time to get the true feel of the trigger breaking.

What I do is place a piece of folded paper in the top of the breachface which keeps the slide just barely ajar. This allows the trigger to move semi-freely. To further the simulation, I drop in a NY1 trigger spring without its spring which makes the dryfire trigger 4-5lbs.

What I do is place a piece of folded paper in the top of the breachface which keeps the slide just barely ajar. This allows the trigger to move semi-freely. To further the simulation, I drop in a NY1 trigger spring without its spring which makes the dryfire trigger 4-5lbs.

so the trigger isn't actually breaking you are just simulating it's weight?

Hard to believe that it's been two years since I created this thread. People have asked me to do an update on the original video, and after finishing interim reports on my students today, I got to work.

The video below has 22 basic dryfire drills that I work on almost daily.This is just a primer...there are many other drills that one can do with a little running room and a few targets.

Enjoy :)

th_45aecd0c.jpg

Or click

for the Youtube link.

Very cool setup, thanks for posting. What size are the targets? (paper/poppers) and how did you make them?

Thanks.

I just got a bunch of the CED mini targets in the mail, and they are friggin AWESOME! I just painted a bunch with hard cover and then plastered them all over the garage...I'm expecting quite a lecture when the GF gets home and tries to park in the garage...

I just got a bunch of the CED mini targets in the mail, and they are friggin AWESOME! I just painted a bunch with hard cover and then plastered them all over the garage...I'm expecting quite a lecture when the GF gets home and tries to park in the garage...

LMAO :roflol: Good Luck!