Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

31 rds long course

jostein jensen

Start position: standing on X, hands on wall each side, gun loaded and holstered.

Procedure: on start signal, engage all targets as and when they become visible.

Safe angles 90* both sides.

post-8835-1253874711_thumb.jpg

There is 10m from the start position to the port walls on the end, and distance from the windows to the targets on the back berm is 10m.

It is possible to shoot more than 9 rds from a single view, but not required as several targets are visible from several locations.

Shooting area is closed by walls and fault lines, so running up to any target closer than 3.5ish meter is not possible.

Any comments are very appreciated as I'm new to stage designing and any good advice is welcome...

You new guys sure like to put walls out there. You will burn out the help that way.

- Looks like you might have a shoot through on your first steel on the right (easy fix)

- Looks like a shoot through on the back right steel, through the back right port

- Back left port, your barrel that is down by the targets would get shot up less (thus score easier) if you pulled it much closer to the port. And, you could force movement to the left and right in that port.

- Your middle left and right positions, you could open them up and give the option to shoot on the move. If you still want them to go all the way into those positions, then tuck one target in tight to force that.

Is that Google sketch-up ? Looks good. :)

Just move a few targets to eliminate shoot-through possibilities, remembering to check any position from which the targets can be engaged, not just those from which you would engage them. I also think you have more walls than you need. You could get the same presentation to the shooter with fewer walls. Walls are a lot easier to sketch up than they are to set up!

You new guys sure like to put walls out there. You will burn out the help that way.

- Looks like you might have a shoot through on your first steel on the right (easy fix)

- Looks like a shoot through on the back right steel, through the back right port

- Back left port, your barrel that is down by the targets would get shot up less (thus score easier) if you pulled it much closer to the port. And, you could force movement to the left and right in that port.

- Your middle left and right positions, you could open them up and give the option to shoot on the move. If you still want them to go all the way into those positions, then tuck one target in tight to force that.

Is that Google sketch-up ? Looks good. :)

- Paper in front of first right steel is way down on the ground, to avoid it. If you go prone you can get a shoot through. Should it be moved even if its an unlikely situation?

- Back right steel is safe. Wall below window blocks the view.

Yes its sketch up. I love the program! Its perfect for stage designing. I have walls the same size we use on our practice range, and a wide range of targets and some props made up, so I just copy/paste and move to where I want them. Very easy to check every possible angle for shoot throughs, and draw up lines to find visible/blocked areas from any position to place targets in.

I tried upping the sketchup file so you could look around in it, but the forum won't let me.

I changed it a little bit to open more up for shooting on the move in the middle. It resulted in a slight target move on the left side as well, to provide an option of skipping a position but the targets then will be further away when you shoot them.

New version:

post-8835-1253903368_thumb.jpg

Left middle position, low target close to the wall, also possible shoot through to the target out by the berm, but also only if the shooter goes prone. Should this also be moved more?

- Paper in front of first right steel is way down on the ground, to avoid it. If you go prone you can get a shoot through. Should it be moved even if its an unlikely situation?

Yes. One thing I learned early on is to never say, "Oh, NOBODY would do THAT!"

Someone will.