Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you use YOUR 308 based AR for?

JoshF

So I was looking at my brand new LR-308 Upper/Lower receiver set last night and wondering why I own this thing. Sure it's cool and the possibilities are endless but what is it REALLY useful for? I'd hate to put 4 grand into a rig that is only useful for making small groups and long distance. Is there any competitions that the 308 based (308, 260, 243, etc) AR's excel or even do well at? :unsure:
AR10description.jpg

I shot a match with my AR10 carbine as a tactical shooting Major. It was fun. Got 4th place in the rifle with it. I am using 25 round mags however that helped a bit.

Pat

I bought mine last December to use in Heavy Metal. Then I had to feed the beast at a time when beast food was hard to find. I have not shot a match with it yet, but I will ( if I can figure out a way to shoot DT1's carbine match on Halloween day and get back home in time to go trick or treating with my daughter, it will be soon) and I know it will be a blast. There ain't nothing like a major caliber rifle on the flashers.

Hurley

So I was looking at my brand new LR-308 Upper/Lower receiver set last night and wondering why I own this thing. Sure it's cool and the possibilities are endless but what is it REALLY useful for? I'd hate to put 4 grand into a rig that is only useful for making small groups and long distance. Is there any competitions that the 308 based (308, 260, 243, etc) AR's excel or even do well at? :unsure:
AR10description.jpg

I shot a match with my AR10 carbine as a tactical shooting Major. It was fun. Got 4th place in the rifle with it. I am using 25 round mags however that helped a bit.

Pat

3 gun is the game! try the rocky mountain 3 gun or blue ridge mountain 3 gun or the fn-usa missouri 3 gun.

:cheers:

1chota

AR10description.jpg

Pat

3 gun is the game! try the rocky mountain 3 gun or blue ridge mountain 3 gun or the fn-usa missouri 3 gun.

:cheers:

1chota

I would love to shoot 3 gun down there. The one thing holding me back is how to travel with that many firearms and ammo. The extra bag fees are going to kill me. Not to mention who expensive it would be if someone stole my firearms while in transit. As a cop I know of one guys AR15 that was stolen in an airport. Sucked.

Pat