Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Location of 2010 Nationals ?

MarkCO

SHOT will be in Vegas for the next couple years. They are not doing the alternating venues with Orlando for at least the next couple years. I doubt you would see many vendors show up at the range because of the SHOT Show. Most sink a sizable chunk of money and time away into SHOT. Few have any extra people or extra time to staff a table at a USPSA Nationals in addition.

Also weather in Vegas in January is not that great. While it's better than just about anywhere else that time of year, it is still January. I've frozen my butt off at SHOT the last couple times it's been in Vegas.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A single combined Nationals is even cheaper. Pick your division and shoot it, you could hold a 20-24 stage match over 4-5 days with 1,000 competitors like they do in Europe. More competitors, less time for vendors to be away from their business could mean more vendors at the tent. Combine it with a trade-show, with the major gun manufacturers showing off their products, access to the public for spectators, gate revenue etc.

I like the idea of a combined Nats.

Maybe push it to October...cooler weather.

I agree with Tiny Warrior.

Pick one, and shoot your best game! :rolleyes:

What would you choose? I would go for Limited 100%.

Edited by Chris Keen

• 3 weeks later...
A single combined Nationals is even cheaper. Pick your division and shoot it, you could hold a 20-24 stage match over 4-5 days with 1,000 competitors like they do in Europe. More competitors, less time for vendors to be away from their business could mean more vendors at the tent. Combine it with a trade-show, with the major gun manufacturers showing off their products, access to the public for spectators, gate revenue etc.

A combined National event would absolutely the way to go for all of the above reasons :cheers::cheers:

A combined National event would absolutely the way to go for all of the above reasons :cheers::cheers:

I went to the Combined Nationals in 2004 (was that the last one?). I've liked that format the best.

Run with the one that brung ya!

I went to the Combined Nationals in 2004 (was that the last one?). I've liked that format the best.

Run with the one that brung ya!

24 stages, 5 days, 600+ shooters, pick a division --- what's not to like.....

My favorite format by far....

I admit I like shooting 3 Nationals a year including the SSD Nationals but if I had my way for cost sake and time sake, I would like a combined Nationals: 5 days and 24-30 stages would rock. I realize 30 stages is pushing it for that many people in 5 days but with proper stage design and great management I think it could be done or at least close to that many stages.

Edited by jasmap

Just for the record Underground Cities did a show on Vegas last week. Seems that when it rains, it pours, so much so that they have a tunnel system that cost in the billions to keep the strip from flooding again. Hundreds of miles of tunnels and some lake size settling ponds.

Tulsa is my choice, just look at the weather patterns and choose a dry month. April and October are drier and the temps are decent.

Same months would be cooler in Vegas, but access to Tulsa is better. More of our shooters are within driving range. Not sure about the rest of you, but Nationals are not the family vacation. And the costs escalate when taking the family. No sharing of Hotel or Car. Meals for three not one, maybe additional rooms, certainly entertainment expenses. AND at the same time you are not there to enjoy the vacation with them. You are out on the range.

My choice: Tulsa. PASA has it's own set of issues, HOT and Humid, Rain, Lightning, not that Tulsa hasn't had some rain...

Jim

PS

Oh, and as an afterthought: Where will the Nats be and When??? 2010 and the continental US are not valid answers.

Jim

Edited by Jim Norman

I admit I like shooting 3 Nationals a year including the SSD Nationals but if I had my way for cost sake and time sake, I would like a combined Nationals: 5 days and 24-30 stages would rock. I realize 30 stages is pushing it for that many people in 5 days but with proper stage design and great management I think it could be done or at least close to that many stages.

It can be done easily. A World Shoot is 30-35 stages over a 5-6 day period with over 1000 shooters.

• 1 month later...
Whoever was responsible for the water and coolers on the stages deserves a free lifetime membership in USPSA. I drank that stuff by the bloody gallon, I think without it, people would have collapsed out there.

I agree with you. However, that free lifetime membership in USPSA should only be given to those people who have the good respond of their personal responsibility. In my own opinion, I can say that they actually deserve to have that free lifetime membership.

Edited by ima45dv8
Removed sig-line advertisement

The rumor going around in Vegas was that it would be Vegas again for both handgun and multi-gun with handgun shifting to a bit cooler time frame.

The other rumor was that there was a multi-year contract in the works.

Take that for what it is worth, of course.

How many of you pushing for 24-35 stages and 600-1000 shooters are rushing to volunteer to work? It is easy to ask for somebody else to do something if you haven't done it yourself. How about finding out where this range is at, then get the cost for taking it over for the time it takes from set up to tear down. If 15 stages took 4 days to set up how long for 35 stages? Where would the props come from? Where would the people come from?

World shoots have national pride involved, what do we have beside get someone else to do it because it involves work?

I've heard this somewhere before but "If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem".

I'm in a really bad mood today and I can't find the beating the dead horse icon.